Babylon dictionary problem

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by rahbat, Feb 21, 2009.

1. edee

edee MDL Novice

May 6, 2011
    #21 edee, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    This should be a lesson learned for you, these are the type of things that happen when you let 3rd party software "self clean" the registry and the ultimate example on how registry cleaners do more harm than good. This time it was just icons, next time it could be far worse, like your pc not being able to boot.

When TuneUpUtilities first came out some years ago it was great and you would have never heard anything bad about them come out of my mouth but in recent years it has become nothing short of bloatware and most if it's utilities actually do more harm to your system than good.

Do yourself a favor before it does anymore damage to your system, uninstall TuneUp and download and install CCleaner (Free), which also has a registry cleaner but I never use it but it does a lot better job of cleaning your pc of junk which WILL add performance to your pc. Defragging the registry every once in a blue moon is ok, it kinda like compresses and puts everything in order in the registry, you'll see no performance increase from doing it but is ok to do every once in a while. CLEANING the registry is another thing and unless you are a registry guru I do not recommend it and I would also not trust ANY regisrty cleaning software to "self" clean the registry, mess up in the regisrty and sooner or later you'll find yourself having to reinstall the OS and if you don't have things backed up you'll be up the river without a paddle. Cleaning the registry does absolutely nothing for the performance of your pc, I look at it this way, if it aint broke then don't fix it.

2. brave38

brave38 MDL Novice

May 7, 2013
    Hi,thanx alot

my problemis solved by this registery file.