back up rescue solution ?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by logicwatch, Sep 24, 2016.

1. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Hi I was wanting a solution for a good software that can help me if I require a rescue solution.
    Here is my issue.
    I have a colleagues all in one PC where to remove the hard drive easily is not a solution. ( would ordinarily swap out and keep the drive just in case )
    What I would like to do is format the existing drive with W7 on and do a clean install of W10 after first backing up all data to an external drive.
    The outlook configuration accounts etc etc. are quite complex and large so if all went wrong in reinstating after the W10 install I was looking for a software solution whereby if required I can revert and reinstate a snapshot backed up clone I have made before I have formatted to W10.
    I assume some sort of boot disc would be used with such a software and the the cloned image then reinstalled ??
    So basically I just need a get out of jail solution if I needed to revert back to as it was before I formatted ?
    Does anybody know of a reliable and good software that would allow me this insurance should I need to return to the original state if all did not work out ?
    many thanks in advance

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. logicwatch

logicwatch MDL Senior Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Many thanks Urie for your reply & guidance I will give this a try and see how it goes !
    regards
    ;)