Backup Microsoft Outlook 2013

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by ultimate_live, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    I used Office 2007 and Office 2010, and backed up my configurations and settings of Outlook using this way:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows Messaging Subsystem \ Profiles \ Outlook.
    So after a clean install, I restored this register and everything worked fine.
    But now, using Outlook 2013 (x64), this way doesn´t exist anymore, and I couldn´t restore the register. So, I configured everything again.
    Using Outlook 2013, how can I backup all my configurations and settings now ?
    Can someone help me please ?

2. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    thanks, but don´t need to upgrade, because I don´t use Office 2010 anymore. But I found the new way where Office locates its profiles which I backed up now.
    So, when I reinstall my windows 8, before I open Outlook 2013, I just restore the profile setting to the register and then after opening Outlook all my settings and configurations are restored, but not the passwords.
    but this is the minor problem of it.
    The way to backup is this now:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ 15,0 \ Outlook \ Profiles

Just backup the whole folder (Outlook) which is located in the folder "Profiles".
    It works like a charm.

3. albaridi

albaridi MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2009
    sorry i'm a newbie and i don't understand the procedure to transport email data from outlook 2010 to another pc with outlook 2013. can you detail the procedure pass to pass? thanks