Backup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jdmohn, Mar 9, 2010.

1. jdmohn

jdmohn MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2010
    I am looking for a program or some way to make a backup of windows 7 ult, the programs that I have installed and make it so that it can be on a part of my hard drive so that if something goes wrong I can reformat and rebuild the intire system and programs. just like when you buy a new computer and the system and all there program that they want you to have is allready on there. but this will be MY stuff not theres. I have tried Acronis true image and it says that it will do that but it does not work for me. gives me a error about not being able to run ramdisk.

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    You can use the backup and restore that is built-in in windows to create an image of your system partition. The image can be stored on another partition or disk. You can restore the image from within windows or by using your win7 dvd.

3. jdmohn

jdmohn MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2010
    I want to make something like what your computer comes with so that it is a fresh install without going through the days of installing programs and updates. thanks for the addvise.

4. cyclops

cyclops MDL Senior Member

Sep 10, 2007
    i recommend Acronis TrueImage Home 2010 awesome app

5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Dude....do you want the installed programs in the image or not? In your first post you say yes, in the second no.

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Me to, especially Acronis Secure Zone, creates a recoverypartition of the partitions you want and being able to restore it just like the OEM's do it.

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would say to either use the built in one also or use Norton Ghost. For me and for anyone with a wireless keyboard/mouse Acronis 2010 is not the way to go because you cannot navigate any of the boot recovery options, either the boot cd or the built in one that you can enable with acronis TI 2010. I have personally tested this app and liked it up until I realized that I cannot restore without getting a wired keyboard/mouse which I do not have. Ghost on the other hand works with wireless devices.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...