Best AIO color laser(?) printer in 2017?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by aznphatb0i, Sep 6, 2017.

1. aznphatb0i

aznphatb0i MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    Replacing a WF-7520 with CIS at the office. The ink waste pad is EOL. I know about solutions like Printer Potty, but the WF-7520 also requires clean print head function to be run quite frequently which is very annoying - so would like to buy a good long term replacement.

Budget: | $250, framed by the MF634Cdw -- but could do higher if necessary and cheaper is always better
    Color or black and white: | Color
    Laser or ink printer: | Laser (assuming this is lowest cost per page)
    New or used: | Either
    Multi-function: | Yes: Scan/Copy
    Duplex Printing: | Preferred, not mission critical
    Home or business: | Business
    Printing content: | Primarily standard 8x11 business documents, ability to print the occasional flyer / fancy a plus
    Printing frequency: | Variable, WF-7520 reached EOL with ink waste pad in 5 years
    Pages per minute : | Don't care
    Page size: | Letter. Ability to match WF-7520's paper capabilities a plus.
    Device printing from: | PC, MAC
    Connection type: | WiFi, Ethernet

Additional details:

The WF-7520 has worked well, except for the fact that the printhead cleaning function periodically needs to be run 5+ times in a row manually to fix bad quality printing and the waste ink pad expiring is a pain that I don't want to deal with again.

Need a network printer that 'just works' in printing basic color documents at the lowest cost with scanning/copy function. Should not require frequent hands on maintainence like swapping ink/toner or running printhead clean cycles. The ability to match the variable paper types that the WF-7520 does is a bonus.

2. aznphatb0i

aznphatb0i MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    Settled on the SL-C3060FW for $299 total, if there's something better your comments are appreciated

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep MS-User really is one good machine, but unfortunately is very expensive here ;)o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    a top of line laser printer can run up 800 to 1200 dollars ...does in the list for under 300 are not bad...now i agree with u their still very expensive:eek: u would figure laser printers have been around for 15 years now....a stander laser printer shouldn't cost u more 75 to 150.