Best Blu-Ray Player for Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TecMan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bacardi

bacardi MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2013
    splash player...........

Attached Files:

2. amy803891

amy803891 MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2013
    Hi, have you solved your problem? For the commercial Blu-ray playback, i select and recommend you the below four tools(as them all can perfectly decode the Blu-ray movies):

1. CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 12(time-limited free trial, paid update, Blu-ray menu/3D support)
    2. Mac Blu-ray Player(no-time-limited free evaluation while watermarked when Blu-ray playback, free update, no Blu-ray menu/3D support now)
    3. Corel WinDVD Pro 11(time-limited free trial, paid update, Blu-ray menu/3D support)
    4. Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.3.1.172(time-limited free trial, paid update, Blu-ray menu/3D support)

Hope this can help you.

3. Ayotnom

Ayotnom MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    I use AnyDVD HD + XBMC. No menus yet but I simply select the largest video file on the disc.

4. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Ayotnom:

I have Windows 8 Pro with Media Center...and I never have been trying with XBMC...questions:

1. Do you have XBMC 12.0 - Frodo installed in your PC?
    2. Can you watch Movies and TV Shows immediately?
    3. Do you need to configure sites to watch Movies online (streaming)
    4. Do you recommend me to install it?

Thanks

TecMan

5. Ayotnom

Ayotnom MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2012
    Yes, on a dedicated Atom ION HTPC.

That's pretty much up to the addons. They can stream live from the internet.

It is easier to setup and watch e.g. cable TV in WMC but XBMC 12 has support for PVR (TV) addons.

I mostly watch movies from disk or disc but also some TV shows streamed over the internet.

You will have to install specific addons from within XBMC.

I've read about XbmcHub but haven't tried it since it seems to change skinning, etc.

Yes, do try it. It won't mess up anything. Simple to uninstall.
    Can't speak for XBMC Hub though.

Anyway, with XBMC 12 it is now also possible to watch Blu-rays if you don't mind losing the disc menu.

6. amenda8998

amenda8998 MDL Novice

May 15, 2013
    you wanna play blu ray on pc? it's easy. you can try totalmedia. I have used it for almost 2 years and never had any problem. it plays blu ray on pc smoothly. when i bought it, to my surprise, it can change region code, thus i'm never worried about relaxing myself when on business. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows; including Windows 8. of course, it fully integrates with Windows Media Center too. beyond your surprise, it's also a 3d video player.

7. grimevil

grimevil MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2009
    I have used a lot of Blu-ray players in mce and found that total media works or powerdvd as these integrate with mce

8. alicepattinson

alicepattinson MDL Member

Jan 29, 2013
    LOL!! me too, I only use VLC. hehehe :coffee:

9. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    i have discovered another good use in case your interested, is that vlc will play movies that has been downloaded in rar parts without having to extract them.saves some time,as i used to extract them first now i dont.say you downloaded a movie that is in 2 rar parts.just right click on the first one.select open with.in next window,the default will be winrar if you have it.click on other programs.then select vlc media player.uncheck the box to always use this program.... cause if you dont then when you try to extract a regular rar file itll try to use vlc media player.then click okay and the movie will play.it also plays movies in iso format.it can also take a snapshot using keyboard shortcuts etc.if you wnt to know what the hotkeys are and set some preferences. run vlc. in top of main window click tools then preferences.a lot of settings there.another tip is when your playing a movie is to set your sound the way you like it by-click on tools.then click effects and filters.can turn on the equalizer etc. and use presets etc.makes a big difference.

10. Harrychoen

Harrychoen MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2014
    I just got Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player for Windows, it works really well for movies. It doesn't support any menus but if you just want to play the movie it works great.

11. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    VLC Media Player. :spoton:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I think the developer has terminated the support for the media player.

13. chantszhim

chantszhim MDL Member

Feb 10, 2010
    For my Windows 8.1 Pro, I use CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 14 to play DVD's and Blu-ray movies

14. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    anymp4 blu-ray player does allright for my needs :biggrin:

15. RLSARC

RLSARC MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    thanks. will test this one later :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...