Best Codec Pack

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by christantoan, Dec 3, 2009.

1. chaddawkins

chaddawkins MDL Senior Member

Sep 16, 2007
  2. SAXPSP

SAXPSP MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    Using K-lite Codec Pack x32 & x64 here no problems at all very happy with it i also tried Shark007 codecs 2 months ago i unistalled due to crashing the explorer very frequently (opening any folder) without playing or opening a player after i unistalled the problem was gone (i din't have any other codec pack installed at the time i installed shark007 codecs).

I highly reccomend K-Lite Codec Pack.

3. ace_neo

ace_neo MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2009
    +1 Klite Mega Codec Pack no problems whatsoever...using both x86 and x64 in Win 7 Ultimate x64....Works like charm....Highly recommended.

4. Robb of SOCAL

Robb of SOCAL MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2011
    Windows Media Codec Pack Ver.1.00

Letter To windowsmediacodec.com

Re: Codec Pack Ver. 1.00
    Download Size: 9.39 MB
    windowsmediacodec.com
    Originally found on CNET

Dear Sir,

On my first computer, the installation installed the codec pack without the following folders and applications:

1. PDF_Reader (2 files)
    2. Picture_Viewer (11 files)
    3. Zip (8 files)

On my second computer, downloaded from the same site, the installation created the above folders and installed all 3 of those programs.
    In "Add/Remove Programs", the installation uses the Black on Yellow icon of "PDF"
    The 3 undesired applications listed above are not listed in "Add/Remove Programs", and yet they were installed in my Windows XP Professional OS.

All 3 of them took over as the default readers of my personal files.
    I already had readers for those files.

Were these additional applications deliberately intended by you?

Why were they not installed on my first computer?

If you are going to bundle additional applications to your codec pack, giving no notification whatsoever, the innocent user should be notified.

Sincerely,

Robert