Best CPU Fan Controller? (software)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DeathStalker77, Sep 15, 2012.

1. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Addicted

Nov 8, 2009
    I have an Asus Sabertooth Z77 (with a Phantex TC14PE cooler) and would like to be able to increase the speed of the fans with the temp of the CPU (the way MSI Afterburner does for videocards).

I have an Intel 3770k CPU and, oddly, CoreTemp reports different temps on each of the cores, but Asus' AI Suite II only seems to report either the average temp or the temp of Core #1 (I can't tell which).

The Phantex IS plugged into the CPU fan header on the board (duh!).

Any ideas?

Thanks much!

2. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Addicted

Nov 8, 2009
    #3 DeathStalker77, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    (OP)
    I've used SF n the past, but I was reading some reviews where it wasn't working on the CPU.

But I'll give it a try.

==============

Ah, here's the difference - with SF you can SET the fan speed, but it is not dynamically controlled by the CPU (or Core) temp, like Afterburner is.

I've emailed Alfredo to see if he's considered adding that feature.

Max temp I've hit so far has been 60c, but I haven't really stressed it yet - normally it hangs around 33 +/-3.

=========================

Interesting that SF registers the CPU temp at 1c - don't know if it's a CPU or a mobo issue - other temps register. Additionally, no adjustments seem to make a difference in the speed of the Phantex.

3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    #4 nodnar, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...