Best free AV Software for Win7...

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ThomasMann, Jun 14, 2021.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Recently I have tried Kasperky and Bit-Defender and they both actually did delete software like DAZ Loader (and others like SopCast) in spite of it having been added to the exclusion list...

What have you tried, that actually does what it is told to do?

Thanks

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Yeah, that is the problem with most AVs, one of the reasons I disable Defender ASAP. Panda works, no issues whatsoever.

Attached Files:

3. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I'm using Kaspersky and it can definitely can be set to not delete things automatically. In fact, it can disable all automatic actions.

4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Thank you... looks good, I will try it.
    I am so sick and tired of continually being notified of false Positivs. When I let Kaspersky run for the first time, they actually found 12 (TWELVE !!!). Not only found, but also, without asking simply deleting them! It was such a mess that I actually installed the clone of the installation... God bless Macrium for saving me... :)

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Well... maybe AFTER already doing the damage. That is hat happened. I ran the scan and when I came back there was nothing left to do...

6. ciyive9642

ciyive9642 MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2020
    I use both Kaspersky and Bitdefender. Kaspersky on my personal laptop and Bitdefender on work. If I add any files to the exclusion list, both of them don't delete them for me. I think for most of the regular users Bitdefender would be better as it is install and forget. Kaspersky has additional optional features like VPN and Password Manager.

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Maybe I should have stayed at my desk while Kaspersky was running, when I came back, it was too late. What I did like was that it checked all my 900.000 files, bitdefender only 200.000 and Panda only checks 20.000. I always check once with the most comprehensive test, to see what it does and what not...
    I admit I am not a fan of AV Software. I am really surfing around the net in all kind of places, but I have not had a virus in a decade. All they find are false positives....

I also do not understand why win defender, has such a bad reputation. There is a new definitions update daily. it cheks ALL files on the computers and never complains about false positives. Not even DAZ loader, which I would understand totally...

Enthusiast: I apologize for having two threads on that subject.... :oops:

8. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I am testing myself through the av softwares. So I checked one of the sites which tells me which AV software is best, they found AVG, so I tried AVG... they found a great danger, because my webcam is unprotected and someone could capture it...
    That is good to know, I always believed I do not have a webcam. :)

9. Arachnoid

Arachnoid MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    If you set the antivirus to quarantine the files, you can restore and add them to the exclusions list.

10. ashish1989

ashish1989 MDL Senior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Kaspersky is best

11. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes that would be the normal, and other AVSoftware worked like that
    But, as I wrote: They were uninstalled automatically by Kaspersky. Maybe that is not normal, but it most certainly happened like that. Not once but four times! Every time I downloaded the Loader again, it was IMMEDIATELY removed again the moment when the new install was finished.