Best methods to include LP in an ISO ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by WIKIMACK, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Marcel_Dup

Marcel_Dup MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2009
    #21 Marcel_Dup, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    Sorry but this is not true, look at the link i posted you will see that after integration, as happened with win7 and 8 before, the lines in red in should not be as they are, as since windows vista, the OS is completely language agnostic, and French and German for instance are "Fully localized languages".

With XP, in order to have multiple language, one had to start with the english version only, then add languages. Then the patches were language specific, and MUI version were bound to english patches even though another language was used.

Starting with Vista, one can start with any language, add and or remove languages at will, and get the same result. This is not happening here. Here, we get a version that is not language agnostic, and depends on the original language of the ISO we start with, here english. This means that we can only upgrade computers that runs with english OS, so the ISO is not fully translated.

The language packs that leaked are not complete (or maybe "not as they were in win7/8"), and result in useless images regarding upgrades. That's all. But I understand that such leak cannot happen in a few hours, that it takes a lot of time to upload everything.

We should also remember that this is the first time a release is coming from a single group, as before 8.1/2012R2, all the msdn/technet/vlsc guys could leak stuff, which helped spread the bits more quickly...

But seriously i am starting to feel a bit tired with all the guys that say : "you can just build your own regionnal specific release". I spent hours doing this, following Technet articles that were adapted to 8.1/2012R2 (and my own experience), so i can say : "no, this is wrong, we cannot do just that".
    I did that when 7 leaked 4 years ago, i did the same again last year when 8 leaked, this year i cannot. And believe me i tried! ^^

2. SuperBubble

SuperBubble MDL Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #22 SuperBubble, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    Installed language(s): fr-FR
      Type : Partially localized language, MUI type.
      Fallback Languages en-US
    I think murphy78 is right here - Microsoft are probably just being more honest about how complete their language packs are now. Even on Windows 8, the fr-FR language pack is only a bit over half the size of the en-US LP - that says to me a lot is untranslated, hence the need for a fallback to en-US.

Have you given DISM /Set-AllIntl a try on your images before committing them? That might help your in-place upgrade issues - this is a bit of a giveaway:
    Code:
    The default language in the distribution is:
            en-US

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    You are right. :good3:
    i just checked the leaked langpacks, and all of them are "Partially localized", they all have some en-us resources.
    i think MS had changed there way in langpacks.

4. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    #24 murphy78, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Yah, the strange thing is that the actual language builds are 100%. They COULD translate everything if they wanted to, but they don't.
    I think the problem is that there is just too much localized information.
    I did an xdelta from en-us to en-gb last year and it was a 2GB split. That's a lot bigger than the small LP.CAB files