Best program to clean Windows 7 Home Premium x64 registry?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Beto C, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Beto C

Beto C MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2010
    Hi

I am using first CCleaner then W7M 1-Click Cleaner theres some problem?

What's VM?

2. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    CCleaner is the best

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    VMware, he means virtual machines.

@Matrix,
    yes CCleaner should be the best tool to clean junk files or invalid registry but only CCleaner is not enough.
    Perhaps can try FCleaner, WinASO Registry Optimizer. Then defragment your disk once a week like using TuneUp.
    This will be a perfect match of system optimizers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EMF

EMF MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2010
    Good morning.
    always won and often ignored, for me the best is: Raxco PerfectDisk optimizer.

5. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    what about tune up utilities????

6. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009

Oh ok Ill try getting another reg cleaner

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    The best on the market is jv16 PowerTools 2010

8. l2p2c2

l2p2c2 MDL Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Best way is to do a clean install :)

9. alzaabi

alzaabi MDL Junior Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Best one ever is "Auslogics BoostSpeed"

10. Quamin

Quamin MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2010
    I've tried little registry cleaner from sourceforge.net but it was clearly meant for XP, avoid that one

11. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010
    till now i am with tune up utility...
    What do u tell guys????????

12. Deb_Rider

Aug 21, 2010
    till now i am with tune up utility...
    What do u tell guys????????
    Tune up is best....

13. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The best program to clean the registry is None.

What exactly will you achieve by "cleaning" the registry?

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    What do you think happens when you install software, then remove it things are always left in the registry eventually these build up and it can slow down your machine. Simmilar situation for user \AppData\Local things are left in there and also user temp folder.

15. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Slowing the machine is one thing. More important for me is the absolute lack of grace that many applications have on their exit from my system. Folders remain, preferences remain, and registry still keeps many entries. So far, I have not found one cleaner that can clean up everything. Only a system image restore works or a VM.

16. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The registry has so many entries, removing a few will hardly improve performance. At the most, if you are getting some "file not found" kind of errors at startup due to left over entries, then you could run CCleaner for once. I think registry cleaners are highly overrated. Have personally seen instances where Tuneup has actually deleted valid entries and messed up software installs.

17. donjulio0088

donjulio0088 MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2007
    CCleaner is good but you get what you pay for. Have had registry issues uising CCleaner. I've been using this since beta windows 7 x64 and have NEVER had an issue. CleanMyPC™ Registry Cleaner. Great utility!

18. provaid82

provaid82 MDL Novice

May 5, 2009
    nice very good 10x

19. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    CCleaner is best.. 'll try Win7 Manager.. lets see wat difference it makes :p

20. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I was wondering the same thing until I actually tested a lot of registry cleaners lol. Here is what I tested so far: System Mechanic 9/10 Pro, PCTOOLS Registry Mechanic, ccleaner, windows 7 manager 1.2.8, wize registry cleaner, uniblue registry booster, and comodo registry cleaner.

Some are good but some are not! I have found that the ones: System Mechanic Pro, Uniblue Registry Booster, and windows 7 manager actually screwed up my laptop while left my desktop intact strangely. The ones that I have seen that worked the best is actually either ccleaner or pctools registry mechanic(I actually use the Performance Toolkit version) and it seemed to clean up a lot but without causing any issues. If fact I have been using the pctools registry mechanic since it was at version 5 like for several years and never once had any issues at all on several computers and I recommend it to everyone. Just my two sense :p