Best replacement for "Disable UAC" in w10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ssszenith, Jul 27, 2015.

1. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    I have a dlink wireless security camera. the program that runs it wont work unless uac is turned off. will that registry trick work to get it to run without turning off uac? thanks.

2. omgbbqit

omgbbqit MDL Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Look in the tweaks and fixes thread for how to run programs like Edge as the Administrator account.

3. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    if need uac to be off... win10 is not for you at this moment... workaround also need enable it... but it makes silent mode and allow metro app to run with administrator built in account only.... maybe i am wrong in the future.. but not now..
    i want disable it as well....

4. Free_Being

Free_Being MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2010
    I found that :
    hxxp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/62516-Windows-10-Tweaks-amp-Fixes/page10?p=1083731&viewfull=1#post1083731

The problem is that setting "disable" the full Administrator, it enable UAC for him...

Please, do you have any other solution ?

5. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    not totally understand what you means... maybe u means this...

if want use administrator account...
    right click the start menu.... click command prompt or CMD there...
    type "lusrmgr.msc"
    click user and select administrator... untick disable account there... administrator account will be enable for you .. and u can delete your old account from the user manager too...

6. Free_Being

Free_Being MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2010
    I already use this account "Administrator" but I can't use any Modern UI app, because UAC is disabled with that account.

Please, do you know how to keep UAC disabled and get the ability to use Modern UI apps ?

7. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    you need enable it.... but use the tweak i post to make it silent.. that's all bro

8. Free_Being

Free_Being MDL Novice

Dec 28, 2010
    If I enable UAC, I'm not a full Administrator, many programs don't work directly because elevation is not always automatic.

9. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    #29 biatche, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    walao nice workaround for now

any idea how "FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000001 helps with disabling uac here?

Code:
    User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account

The User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account policy setting controls the behavior of Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account.

The options are:

Enabled. The built-in Administrator account uses Admin Approval Mode. By default, any operation that requires elevation of privilege will prompt the user to approve the operation.

Disabled. (Default) The built-in Administrator account runs all applications with full administrative privilege.
    isnt it better to just run all as admin? (disabled = 0 )? so we dont get prompted?

10. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    #30 cyberloner, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    wah lao... i waste a lot time on this...
    those all tweak i found and get from tweaks forum ( omgbbqit
    brother) and some app to make from net to make it able to run with silently without error and format many times..... to be able to run all metro.. with built administrator bro....
    as normal users also need to enable the uac... so this helps normal admin too... support CyberMania too :D

11. ssszenith

ssszenith MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2011
    i checked the registry keys you posted but i already have them set to that, maybe it's coz you are using built-in admin account.