Best VPN from experience or good word of mouth...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by timesurfer, Dec 31, 2015.

1. khanyash

khanyash MDL Giveaway Organizer

Jun 21, 2015
    How is Zenmate VPN?
    Guess recently Zenmate Desktop Client Stable Released.
    In the last few months quite a few promotion were there. One is still going on https://zenmate.com/promotion/share/
    The promo gives 3 months free

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #22 EFA11, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    been testing this today. 110MB/s DL from a free VPN so far.
    Code:
    https://hide.me/

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #23 pisthai, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    ide.me is useless for me because of it's limits!

First priority for me is, that I need to have access to a german Server, and, if possible a Suisse Server as well! I download from some private servers from Germany and Switzerland, which didn't allow connections from foreign locations! CyberGhost serves for that very well, with hide.me: impossible!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ember89

Ember89 MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2015
    For free, I like Cyberghost & Hotspot Shield Free VPN, anyone feel the same?

5. pattinson123

pattinson123 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2016
    #25 pattinson123, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Best Torrent VPN Service Provider is totalVPN service I always recommended you I am using This Get it from toptenvpnreviews.com

6. flammen

flammen MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2015
    I switch it up. For work the server's mandated, Openvpn + servers the company owns. Outside I switch between ivpn for general security and peace of mind and trust.zone, and a few smaller, more off-the-radar ones because if you ever watch Mad Men Season 3, Don's advice to Sal was right: Limit your exposure.

My company, well, since nobody else who's not my coworker can use it it's kind of pointless to rate. ipvn has served me well, multihop with only a slight increase in latency, not over the top but a decent amount of servers and uptime, you get the occasional "what the hell" with speeds but I've noticed zilch on torrenting, although my sample is skewed since I actually torrent mostly public domain stuff (government works, you'd be surprised how much of it is handier to access on your own computer), and various distros and security-related stuff since somehow I run both the legal and a part of the dev teams at a small, very niche startup, aka everything I never thought I'd do at 13.

I do keep a few aces in the backpocket, since some VPN providers keep a low profile and don't advertise too openly on occasion if I find congestion elsewhere for whatever reason I do have a 3rd backup when I'm working at home. SOCKS5 compatibility is important though as well, but I set those up myself.

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
  9. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    As I have said before I am not expert like a lot of people here. I have paid for PIA, which seems to work very well, but there are major problems that are not the fault of PIA. I cannot use EBAY, GMAIL (sometimes), my banking site, my ISP site. The problem with my banking is very serious, in that it goes all the way to after a payment is authorised, and then starting go through, but then hangs without any warning, and a payment does not go through. Speaking to PIA, who are very helpful, it seems there is no way out. I am lucky to have 2 machines, and I use one without PIA installed for for banking etc., and the other for torrent downloads, and sites that my ISP does not "like", nothing really offensive, sites like Urbandictionary and joke sites, which contain "rude" words. PIA explained that AMAZON works because they have a different security method. Alipay also works without problems.