Best way to confirm validation?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheDevilYouKnow, Mar 4, 2010.

1. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    #21 MasterDisaster, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    Your Windows is in a non-genuine state, you need to rearm your windows
    • Open CMD as Administrator
    • type slmgr -rearm
    • reboot your PC

You are using a loader.
    You have also run WAT update once and uninstalled it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #22 NoJuan999, Mar 7, 2010
    I knew he was when SLIC DUMP Tool showed he had the New F9 Bios (that was modified for him) but the Gigabyte SLIC that was added to it did not show up in Windows.
    It's getting overwritten at boot up by some type of loader.

3. TheDevilYouKnow

TheDevilYouKnow MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #23 TheDevilYouKnow, Mar 7, 2010
    (OP)
    I don't understand how I can have a loader in the system. I am not trying to crybaby out on you gents - you have all been busting your nutz helping me and I certainly appreciate it...but I have never
    (consciously anyway ) installed a loader. The only method I have ever used on this system was the one dictated in the Windows 7 Repository. I did alll my experimentation on my Samsung N130 so
    something like this wouldn't happen to my main desktop system. ARGH! so now the question is...How do I detect and get rid of this Ninja-loader I have? I am also going to re-arm. and I believe the version
    I have is in fact a preactivated one. Should I just get the one listed in the Repository thread ? Cornfusion is setting in...

Just to let you guys know I have started this endeavor to learn how to do this for myself. I sincerely appreciate all the help.

I'll check out VOATK Tools and see if it can find a loader. I hope I don't wreck anything...lol!

4. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Download Daz' loader and press the Uninstall button, it will remove whatever loader you have. The VOATK is old and will not remove random named loaders. After the restart check whether you have Gigabyte slic using SLIC toolkit. Install your new key and you will be activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    By new key you mean the newly released un-blacklisted lenovo key...yes?

6. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Yes, any key other than the blacklisted one.

7. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
  8. MasterDisaster

Aug 29, 2009
    Now everything is fine. Slic toolkit shows your modded bios correctly. I would dare you to install the WAT update again and validate your copy online.

9. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. :)
    Good work MasterDisaster.

10. Stormcrow

Stormcrow MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    There's your problem.
    How do you think the pre-activated one is pre-activated?
    It comes with a loader pre-installed.

Junk your pre-activated disk and get a proper untouched one, and you won't have this hassle next time you install.

--
    SC

11. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    Will do. How about the one listed in the W7 Repository?

12. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    I would just use a Matching key when possible.
    One key is really no better or worse than any other but why not have all info match when possible.
    If I have HP SLIC 2.1 in Bios, I would use the HP Key.
    If I have the ACER SLIC 2.1 in Bios, I would use the Acer Key, etc., etc.

13. david toska

david toska MDL Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks, i understand.

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Glad to hear that you got it fixed dude. Just remember that if you need to reinstall windows 7 again unless you use a different ISO then you will have to remove the loader once more or you will run into the same issue again. My best advise to you would be dumping the pre-activated dvd and download an ISO from either the win7 Repository(Ultimate) or google "windows 7 direct links mydigitallife" for win7 HP and Pro links from M$ to make sure that you don't install a loader without your knoledge.

15. TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 27, 2009
    Already done and done. Thank you all again for your help, it's been very educational and fun.

Great job all!