Best wireless USB Adapter

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by hitendra, Sep 28, 2016.

1. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    In my previous experience i found some hardware not worked with all operating systems. In MDL Forum i also post a thread for usb adapter not working in windows 10.

I want to know which usb wifi adapter is best which works in all os and having greater reception even surrounded in air conditioner glass cabins or surrounded through wall or can efficiently work on different floor.

Thanks

2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #2 Hadron-Curious, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    I have tried Tenda for more than two occasions due to the cheap price and they died within first four months after incessant poor reception few meter distance from the router and the driver downloaded online was compatible with all Windows versions and can be difficult to find at times. TP-Link was a little better but also faced poor reception and the driver was also compatible with old Windows versions and I haven't tried it on Windows 10 . Seriously, I haven't had a good experience with wireless USB.

3. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    TP-Link is good, I prefer "High Gain" TP-Link models (even cheap TL-WN722N 150 Mbps High Gain). Asus USB-AC56 and Edimax AC600 (both with High Gain antenna) are good too. Asus USB-N13 (no high gain antenna) did not work well with the latest Windows 10 previews (it works well with Windows 7).

Some good ones can not enable "hosted network" to share your internet, but Edimax AC600 High Gain can do that too.

4. hitendra

hitendra MDL Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I have used TP Link devices and have bed idea. I also have bed experience with DLink PCI adapters and now searching for a good one.
    But how good one can be defined it is really very difficult task.
    Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestions.

5. jacobean

jacobean MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2014
    My experience:

D-Link: useless
    Asus: good
    TP-Link: very good...never really had one which let me down.

Do note that the really small thumb-sized wireless USB adaptors are sometimes only good for picking up a signal in the same room.

6. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    #7 shrinivas, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Have tried both D-Link and TP-Link in windows 10, they worked well for me, except they don't have drivers for Win10 (the default drivers worked though)
    Of course, the WiFi router was in the same room too.
    Regards

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #8 Michaela Joy, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #9 pisthai, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Some years ago, in the murals of north-east Thailand, telecommunication was very bad to none-existing! In the Village of wife's parents, no Telphone, nor Internet, no nothing. So we tested to use a bigger colander as parabolic mirror with a USB WiFi placed in the middle and that worked to get finally a 3 point signal! Finally we fixed the position of that parabolic colander and used it for more than 3 years, and it was the only Internet connection in that small village that time.

The link to the Movie you posted MJ, was a reminder of that old time! Thanks for that. Interesting as well too and may still somewhere usual in Thailands rural too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...