beta bios vs final bios

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by YIN, Sep 3, 2009.

1. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    i check for new bios for my mobo and i found a new beta bios with a critical option that i need (fix for my 1TB hdd)

right now my hdd is working not very well (sometimes i turn on my computer and there is no hdd in the bios and sometime there is hdd in the bios) and i'm wondering if this will be good despite the beta warning

should i update or not?

p.s. my 1tb hdd is tested and is running fine on other 4 computers with a newer motherboards

2. 07ee17

07ee17 MDL Junior Member

Aug 7, 2009
    it would be better if you check the version changelog of your bios from official site or from any other site. changelog will tell you whether this update holds the fix for the 1TB HDD bug.

3. robbin

robbin MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2008
    It really depends on your manufacturers definition of beta, GIGABYTE for instance describes them as stable but not feature complete, i always used their beta bios with no issue, same with ASUS in the past, no issues with beta bioses, in general i would think its safe to use other wise they wont risk releasing dangerous code, only one that may bot be as stable or optimized as final code.