Big Collection Of Windows 7 Reg Tweaks

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Reign_Of_Freedom, Nov 17, 2010.

1. gardaoui

gardaoui MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2011
    you are the best

2. str8up_tripn

str8up_tripn MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2011
    Thanks 4 this,AIO is the way 2 go.

3. Jimmy654

Jimmy654 MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2011
  4. Oleg29

Oleg29 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2011
    Nice Job!
    Keep up with a good work.

5. david199399

david199399 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2011
    there is any chance to install it in my win7 SP1 now.. not on iso i mean just install it like a game or samting like that..
    thanks!!! :D

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    What do u mean?? For the first archive, just open it with WinRAR/7-Zip and apply the reg fix u want ~ simple!!!

7. david199399

david199399 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2011
    cool 10x
    and 1 more thing its safe? i mean i want to install all the speed up tweak its do samting to my pc?
    and its not matter where i press on it? i mean now its in desktop in cool tweak folder
    got win7 :D

10x
    so far install only speed up network..
    waiting for you answer

sorry for my english :(

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yap... they are 100% safe!!

9. jtrag

jtrag MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2009
    Awesome share! Thanks :)

10. Kzv

Kzv MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    Nice idea, thank you for theses registry packs

11. Q9650

Q9650 MDL Member

Mar 20, 2010
    great !!! stuffffffff

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Sideman

Sideman MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2010
    Thank you!

13. chess000master

chess000master MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2011
    A dream come true. Thanks.

14. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    thanks for sharing!!!:cool:

15. majeed-s

majeed-s MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    think you so much,,
    will it work in windows 8 build 7959..?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Motley

Motley MDL Novice

May 12, 2011
    Thank You!

17. Grace

Grace MDL Novice

May 4, 2011
    awesome work thanks i was looking for these Tweaks

18. DeGun

DeGun MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2011
    wicked ! thanks for dat bredah

Jah blessings

19. sunny_austin

sunny_austin MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2009
    thanx for this amazing post

20. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    For the pagefile, if you move it to a different physical disk (not just a partition) than the system drive, one that is a fast drive, there should be some useful gains. It should NOT be placed on a USB drive, and preferably it is placed at the beginning of the drive. It should be set up with the same min and max size, 6 to 8gb should be ample and probably more than you need. These days 6-8gb isn't that much space 'wasted', most people would have significantly more taken up with temporary files, restore points, usn journals etc. Preferably you have the drive defragment with perfectdisk or other defragmenter that can defrag the pagefile and place it close to the beginning of the drive (which is physically on the outside of the disk) as that is where its fastest. If you have multiple disks, supposedly dividing the pagefile up amongst the disks can add to extra peformance, but this is unverified.

Times when this isn't useful:
    - Your main drive is a fast SSD drive (although the paging read/write cycles wouldn't do it any good)
    - The other drive is USB
    - Your main drive is part of a RAID setup, one that is set in a performance RAID mode
    - The other drive is at times in heavy use
    - The other drive is an eco/green drive. The main system drive should not be a eco/green drive, although this isn't uncommon these days.

I have heard of an extension to this which does have some merits. It involves creating a separate partition at the beginning of the fastest drive (or non system drive), of say 10gb and placing a fixed size pagefile on it. This in itself is quite an old, simple, and effective practice, however these is an extension to that theme. I haven't tried it myself, but having that 'pagefile' partition formatted in the exfat file system and having the cluster size set large (say 64k or even bigger since there is only one file, pagefile.sys on it.

exfat is primarily designed for large USB sticks etc, where the exfat file system with (required for maximum speed by design of flash) 32k cluster size is the fastest file system.

Possible benefits:
    - Faster, since exfat is the fastest file system
    - Partition should be placed at the beginning of the drive (after the 100mb Windows 7 hidden partition if on the boot drive) ensuring maximum speed.
    - NTFS is good for large file systems and the system drive etc, however since there will be only one file on the partition these benefits of NTFS are inconsequential.
    - No complexity of a MFT
    - No need for a USN journal file
    - Large cluster size for the single file, low overhead and the cluster size wasted space issue really isn't one with only one file! (exfat supports cluster size of 32MB compared to the standard NTFS cluster size of 4kb).
    - File system incompatibilies with older OS's really isn't one, since it is for use with Windows 7!
    - A pagefile is still in use on 4GB and even 8GB+ systems, so might as well get the maximum performance possible. Pagefile shouldn't be disabled!