Big hello

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by tingriman, Jan 18, 2009.

1. tingriman

tingriman MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2009
    Big Hello to all the members, greatful to be the member of this forum. Hope I will learn so many things from you guys and try to contribute to the best of my knowledge.

cheers
    tingriman

2. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Welcome

We are, at once, student and teacher. No matter the level of expertise, everyone is able to contribute because not everyone has been there, done that in all instances.

Look forward to your contributions.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barney Bear

Barney Bear MDL Novice

May 28, 2007
    Welcome To The Forum :)

4. datcat

datcat MDL Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Welcome!

datcat :):eek:

5. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Well . . .

I agree that we do not come into the world preprogrammed. But . . . I would suggest that fewer than 10% of the population (Maslow claimed 1%) live to their full potential because the cloven-hoofed masses who infest this place are just that: sheep, who follow the dictates of a bovine society that is wont to drag everyone along with it - and we acquiesce.

Anthropologist Ashley Montagu addressed this tragedy in a wonderful little book entitled "Growing Young." Therein he details the annihilation of our essential child-like qualities of spontaneity, curiosity, individuality, zeal to learn, lust for life, et al., It is as if we are swept out to sea in a wave of living death, there to repose on an island of maturity and, having arrived, experience no further growth.

There is a small boy
    in us that we exclude
    from the pitiless surfaces
    of the mirrors that life
    would hold to him.

Grow

up, is what time says
    to us, and externally
    we obey it. The brow furrows,
    the mouth sets, the eyes
    that were made for the reflection
    of first love have a hole
    at the centre through which
    we may look down into the abyss
    of meaning. But there is that crying
    within the young child
    who has fallen and will not
    pick itself up and is
    unconsoled, knowing there
    is nobody for it to run to.

R. S. Thomas
    The Orphan

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...