Bios Fan Control only working after Restart

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mattdeany, Aug 30, 2015.

1. mattdeany

mattdeany MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2015
    I have a venerable Asus P5QL Pro motherboard based system. It's well, made, so it's lasted me til now.
    On XP and Vista, the Asus AI Suite allowed subtle fan control, but won't run or install on Win 7 or later.
    This was not much of a problem until a full rebuild and then I couldn't reinstall, and at Win 8/8.1/10 it has the annoying habit of starting with a 100% CPU fan speed, which then takes on the BIOS setting (Standard, Silent or Turbo) upon restart.

I do not understand the implications of FanSpeed controlling the system in this case. It seems to work, but I'm not happy with a little program cluttering up the system on boot start up, when the BIOS control appears to almost work properly. I also don't fully trust what it might be doing, not knowing the program at all until now.

Is there a toggle/switch/method which might allow the BIOS to control the fan without the restart?
    BTW, I've tried obtaining other AI Suites and stand alone versions of FanXpert (qfan3.exe) but I either have to delete because of bundled malware and viruses, or it simply won't run on Windows 10 and this mobo.

Thanks in advance