BIOS HP Pavilion DM4 2055

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by nillmorais, Oct 2, 2014.

1. nillmorais

nillmorais MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    I was at BIOS version F16, when I tried to follow a good guide that I saw in here, but know my laptop don't boot anymore, I`m trying to boot using a HP_TOOLS usb drive with win+b key combination. but with no luck. I really need a help of you guys, I`ve pretty sure that I`m doing something wrong.

the only file I put in usb was 01651.fd and the same file renamed to 01651.BIN.

this is the first time that happened to me.
    I hope with your help I could fix this and be deeply grateful.

Thanks in advance.

2. pincushionman

pincushionman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2010
    Where are you putting the 01651.BIN file? Is it in one of the HP directories on the USB stick, or just in the root. I'm really unsure of where to place it. I'm told the UEFI tool puts it where it needs to go, but the darn thing tries to flash my computer (It is also HP) making it freeze.

3. nillmorais

nillmorais MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2014
    I'm just putting the file in the HP_Tools partition and \Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\Current\ with the name 01651.fd and 01651.BIN but I also put in root folder and many others.
    I think that my mistakes could be the choice of USB Dongle 8GB, I heard of someone that is necessary using a small usb dongle.
    but I also saw two setup file for UEFI diagnostic sp52093.exe - HP System Diagnostics UEFI and sp59907.exe - HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment. I don't know which should be used.
    and in the other hand, people say to use a file SLIC and SIG, and I just found a FD file in the HP Support Site.