BIOS mod help for AOD255e (13dqkk)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Sdudexdo, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Sdudexdo

Sdudexdo MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2012
    #1 Sdudexdo, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Firstly Id like to apologise for posting this here..

Im a complete newbie when it comes to bios mods.. I dont have a clue weather its SLIC or Award or w.e .. or where to start..

I have tried searching the forums.. and google extensively for the bios mod.. but Its just too confusing, perhaps some "geek" for bios's could point me in the right direction please.

I have flashed it with an updated current bios .. (Insyde (how ever I do belive it was for the D255 not the D255e but it still worked :S?)) and it worked..

But I dont want to just update the bios.. I need to be able to get a bios like Award bios to overclock the CPU of this wonderful little netbook.. Please

Thanks.

2. Sdudexdo

Sdudexdo MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2012
    No one going to reply no!? :mad:

3. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Maybe MDL member are not all overclocker and MDL is not an OC forum. I think you can have your answer by using google

4. agent268

agent268 MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2012
    I'm new to these boards myself but I think I can help out with some of your questions. Sounds like what you need is a custom BIOS mod for your Acer AOD255e in order to enable some hidden menus to accomplish what you need. What I can say for sure is that not all settings/features are technically going to be available even if you get a custom BIOS mod, so don't freak out if you cannot get options to overclock your CPU on this specific model.

Anyways, in order for anyone to really help you, we need you to help us/other forums members. You'll need to get some technical details on the BIOS your Acer uses and gather any other additional information and request it in the correct section of these forums. You'll want to see the basic instructions on requesting BIOS Mods in the sticky section of the BIOS Mod Requests sub-forum. Specifically, see the thread called "How to properly request for a BIOS mod"

You'll notice in that thread there are a grip load of threads for specific BIOS manufacturers. In order to know which thread you need to post in, you need to identify the brand of the BIOS this Acer has. The best way to figure out what kind of BIOS you system uses is to boot in to it. Usually you can access the BIOS, sometimes called the Setup Utility, by hitting F2 or Delete on your keyboard during the POST phase when your computer boots. Once inside the BIOS, you should be at a generic settings page that include details like the BIOS version, the date/time, and a title bar at the very top with the name of the company that made the BIOS. With that info, you should now know who made the BIOS and know which thread to hit up to request a BIOS Mod.

Once you jump in to the correct thread, there should be directions on what to post for help. After that, hopefully one of the more experience forums users will be able to take over on helping you create a modded BIOS.

I hope that helps you out. :)