bios mod not working ... any help appreciated

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by egr7, Feb 10, 2010.

1. egr7

egr7 MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    #1 egr7, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Well I have been using a bios mod for the last few month with no problems until I put an older acronis image back on my system. Then I got the "This copy of Windows is not genuine message". I though no big deal I will just do what I did before and flash the latest bios for my gigabyte motherboard and be back to a registered version again in no time. I modded the new bios with no errors, flashed my bios, used the OpaTool v0.6.exe to put in the certificate and key with no errors but my windows7 still remains unregistered. I am using the hp-compaq certificate. So I ran SLIC_Dump_ToolKit.EXE (pictures added) and noticed that the Pub Key is red "!=", the Marker is green "==", Version is 2.1 and the Digital Signature is green "OK". So I think it has something to do with the Pub Key, I am at a lost on what to do now, anyway to get the Pub Key green?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    use the acer cert

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. egr7

egr7 MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    I don't think that those files work with my motherboard ... Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R (rev. 1.6)

Thanks anyways.

4. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Try modding the bios with a acer slic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. egr7

egr7 MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    #5 egr7, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    (OP)
    Thank you very much both to the original poster Brainsuck and MasterDisaster, your help is greatly appreciated!! ... it worked!!!!