Bios mod Request for Asus P9X79 deluxe

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by saeros, Dec 12, 2011.

1. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For owners of P9X79 deluxe and also core i7-3930K, can I ask their feedback on the stability of the following drivers:
    1. RST/RST enterprise and its impact on Intel SSD toolbox
    2. Intel Gigabit ethernet LAN
    3. Recommended ASUS suite programs.
    4. ASmedia USB 3.0 drivers (strictly do not need in win 8/8.1)

I use Realtek port and drivers because I had problems with Intel gigabit ethernet drivers in win 7. When I shifted to win 8, I remained on Realtek and did not need to install Realtek drivers as network is supported natively.

It may be shocking to people but for win 8, I only use the ASUS drivers for chipset, ASmedia SATA, and MEI. I use GPU drivers from NVIDIA. That is it.

Can someone recommend the driver version for point 1-4 that they find stable in win 8/8.1. I have installers for win 8 from both ASUS and also newer ones from manufacturers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. saeros

saeros MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2010
    Hello, a new version of the firmware from Asus came out this month and it has considerable numbers improvements for my board and i was wondering if someone could mod the new 4302 firmware for me thx alot.
    my current firmware is the 3009 its been a long while since ive upgraded :( hoping the newest firmware will be great.

Manufacturer:Asus
    Model: P9X79 Deluxe
    Version: 4302
    Bios Type: american megatrends inc
    Link: bios --> mediafire.com/download/6jebwigb11edlbi/P9X79-DELUXE-ASUS-4302.CAP

3. Gringo

Gringo MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    I have Try to mod using phoenixtool the firmware were mod, but when you try to flash EzFlash Refuse to Flash
    Asus Upgrade Flash but only for joke, when you see the bios in mobo ... is the old one.

I have read About a new Protection inside the New UEFI bios, i don't know if the reason is this, or what is the matter because phoenixtool don't work.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Gringo

Gringo MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Thanks Tito, work like a charm, if you can only another question, if i decide to remove the "Permanent" thing, i have read about using FTK, it work on P9 Series too ?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It should work.

:popcorn:

7. actualmanx

actualmanx MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2013
    Thank you this worked perfect for me i was on bios 4502 flashed the one you posted checked my win 7 all singing and dancing then flashed back to 4502 and everything is still fine even with my dual boot of windows 8.
    a massive thank you

8. Piwy

Piwy MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    Subscribe to the issue. Anyone could help? Thanks.