bios mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by taiga, Jan 23, 2010.

1. taiga

taiga MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2009
    #1 taiga, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    hello guys, im new here , i heard you need some bios mod for windows 7 64bit ult, but i never did mod anything , so i would like to ask how do i mod this and how do i apply it ?

as far as i know i use an asus crosshair 2 formula mobo with bios 2402 , im not this tech or a programmer , so if someone can help me thc in advance

sofar i use windows 7 64bit aio version dont know if thats any help for this patch , but once this day come that windows deactivate it i'd like to have the bios reeady if someone can help me with that

2. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    If you are unsure how to flash/update your BIOS I suggest you simply use a loader like Daz's. Easy install and works almost all the time - no hardware modifications so if any problems surface they are software only and easy to fix.

That siad most BIOS modifications are not that difficult either - just be careful to ensure you have the BIOS mod that matches your motherboard BIOS.

Still if I were you I'd use a loader - there are many posts about a BIOS mod being better because M$ can spot a loader and disable it - I'll say 2 things about that:-

1. M$ have not disabled any loader in the 3 odd years they have been used - ie since Vista; and;
    2. A BIOS mod can be spotted as well and the OS could be disabled also.

So there are no guarantees but I don't see M$ disabling either until they come up with a new scheme for genuine royalty OEM machines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. taiga

taiga MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2009
    #3 taiga, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    (OP)
    so meaning theres no point in modding the bios then ?

anyways i have this bios file from asus site and the awardtool133, whats next i should do ?

4. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Wrong section, moved to bios modding

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Given that OEM is using bios slic and there is no hard, fast rule on how or where thsy place the slic...I would say that finding and disabling the mod is extremely improbable.

You have to take your chances, but there have been many instances that loaders corrupt installs, more so than a proper bios mod...That being said, DAZ has a very nice script to use and it is basically foolproof. I fyou are not familiar with bios flashing and the modding..I would not encourage you to go this route without researching the process first..

Both are safe at this point, loader is safest..if anythng is gonna get disabled it will be the loader..IMO..

This is an argument between the software and the hardware guys, but it is not worth the effort at this point..Follow Rosco's first recommndation until you are more comfortable with the firmware flash..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...