Bios Recovery Procedures

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by petar, May 9, 2008.

1. intense

intense MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2013
    I baught my Samsung NP530U4C 2 months ago.
    I wanted put clean Windows 8 install with DVD (no recovery partition) on SSD partition.
    Windows 8 found on SSD partition now but i have a problem with BIOS and UEFI.

In BIOS I can't select other boot devices - only Windows Boot Manager.
    I try set Fast BIOS disabled and Secure Boot disabled ... all time is only WBM.

Please help me. How can I fix UEFI and BIOS?
    I have newest BIOS now - A07ABH.
    Can I reflash my BIOS?

Maybe send me please solution, how i can fix my UEFI (boot priority in BIOS and F2 key).
    Now F2, F10 etc keys not found too.
    Only system startup with SSD partition.

I can't enter to BIOS and run my system now... I don't know fix it
    Please help me.

F2 and other keys not found.

How can I recovery it?
    Notebook has Phoenix Secure Core Tiano bios.

I will be thankful, help me

I don't add links but my youtube video is "ArRcTnwFLGo".
    Look it please. F2 and other not found and system too... I have system on internal SSD.

2. intense

intense MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2013
    Please help me :(
    How keys are recovery bios mode in this model?
    FN+ESC or WIN+B not found.

3. I_Am_Weasel

I_Am_Weasel MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2013
    ECS GeForce 7050M-M (V2.0) tried to update bios and (story of my life) power outage, now it doesn't post just black screen. Since it's got AMIBIOS i've tried the floppy fix but it doesn't detect the damn thing, i've tried everything, pressing ctrl-home at startup, CLR_CMOS in every position and no jumper at all, the floppy drive doesn't light up no beeps nothing. What am i doing wrong ?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u named it AMIBIOS.ROM ??

edit: oops AMIBOOT.ROM

5. I_Am_Weasel

I_Am_Weasel MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2013
    I named it AMIBOOT.ROM like the original post suggested, the floppy read light doesn't turn on that's my problem, the CD-ROM unit light flashes for an instant and keyboard leds also but other than that nothing

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    is it usb floppy or old style cable ?

might have to make cdrom with file.

7. I_Am_Weasel

I_Am_Weasel MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2013
    Old style cable, thing is i tried several fixes always swapping the CPU from my working motherboard to the dead one last time the CPU came off stuck to the heatsink with the retention bracket in locked position. I'm scared that i'll damage the locking mechanism or bend some pins if i continue this.

8. hawk jarrett

hawk jarrett MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2011
    i got a acer aspire 5515 that i was flashing the bios on and it bsod and now it wont turn on i tried your steps and tried using a usb floppy drive and it reads them for about a minute and then they stop any help would be appreciated thank you in advance for your time

9. Alumni

Alumni MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    Please help me out, I have been fighting with my bricked Dell Inspiron e1705 aka 9400 the whole day. Which bios does it have actually, what would be the best way to repair it. I tried with hdr files and end key, but there was no help....starting to worry.

10. hawk jarrett

hawk jarrett MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2011

thank you it took 30 minutes to flash the bios but it worked!!!!

11. Alumni

Alumni MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    Didn't work, I also tried A02. Now im testing the BIOS.WPH way but still no results. Any other suggestions?
    The USB lights up for a couple of seconds, and it changes something, after installing A02 the start up is even shorter than after A07 or other installation. So I know Im changing something, just not in the right way =D

How do I make the BIOS.WPH, i can't extract the exe...?

The only result up to now is that when i make a usb disk with HP_USB_Disk_Storage_Format_Tool v2.2.3 and put e1705.hdr file on it + end key scheme - the comp stays on like its working for 30 sec, the usb drive blinks only at the begining, and after the restart, it goes back to nothing =)

helpppppp

12. Alumni

Alumni MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    Anybody Out there ?

13. wabithewarlord

wabithewarlord MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    Hey,

I'm in trouble.
    I tried to update my MSI 970A-G45 BIOS but I don't know what happened, it failed.
    Now I can't boot my computer...
    I sent to a technician and he said I need to find the BIOS so he can write it directly in the Motherboard BIOS chip.
    I told him to download from MSI website, but he said it wouldn't work because its made to write via DOS with AFUD software, not via EPROM writer. How can I get this kind of ROM?
    Can someone extract me the ROM file? I can't post the MSI website link.

Kind regards,
    Tiago Dias Ferreira

14. wabithewarlord

wabithewarlord MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2013
    The technician said he need a ROM to be written with EPROM writer. He said those ROMs are made to write via DOS with AFUD. Is he right or just trying to bulls**t me?

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hes almost right.. cut platform data out with hexeditor. .. or compare old backup.bin to new download.rom

16. gbruyn

gbruyn MDL Novice

May 12, 2013
    I have a Vostro 1510. Bricked bios during update. Trying desperately to get this fixed. Can't find any key combination that works to get into recovery mode. I've looked everywhere. If anyone has been successful on a Vostro 1510 or 1520 with some other key combination besides the documented known key combinations I would greatly appreciate it The one's I've tried are: Fn + B,Holding End, Fn + End, Win + B. Nothing works. I've also used difference USB ports as well for the USB stick.

17. yakka

yakka MDL Novice

May 13, 2013
    Hello all, I bricked the bios of my HP 6710B during bios update. During boot, the computer stops on bios error and when I press F10 to enter bios, it reboots. How can I know the BIOS brand of this computer ? As it has a ROM.BIN I suppose it is AWARD but I'm not sure. According to the previous description do you think a bios recovery can succeed ? Some links are dead in the first post. Thanks for your help. Yakka