Bios Recovery Procedures

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by petar, May 9, 2008.

1. yakka

yakka MDL Novice

May 13, 2013
    Hello I have a HP 6710b that failed to update the bios some month ago. I recovered it with USB floppy drive and now I can enter in the bios by pressing F10 key but at each boot I still have the following message : "Your Bios failed to complete update. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedures and try again. This may require two sequential BIOS updates to complete the process". But i did it 3 times!. Any idea? Thanks

2. ladziak

ladziak MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2013
    Hi. I have a Toshiba Sattelite A300D-155 that failed to update bios. I tried some recovery procedures but the dont seem to have any effect. Does anyone have a working bios recovery procedure using an usb stick for this model ?

3. geep6

geep6 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2007
    I have a Toshiba l755 with a dead bios i have the necessary tools to remove the spi chip and reprogram it my problem is that it has two spi chips and i am not sure which is the main bios chip i think one is for the gpu the spi chip numbers are winbond 25q32bvsig and windbond 25x40bvsig any help woud be great

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011

ive seen it needs wincris with phlash16 special version and the key to start it was F or ` or Fn f or Fn `

and it needs a floppy USB

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    the bigger one!
    the smaller is the ME or EC (management engine or Embeded controler)

6. geabo

geabo MDL Junior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Please upload again
    realy needed for my x201 that dont boot anymore :(
    Regards
    Geabo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. psychophil

psychophil MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2013
    I've looked through this thread and tried many suggested ideas with little success.
    I have a Toshiba Satellite C660-116 PSC0LE-00X00JEN.
    I was updating the bios from v1.4 to v1.7 when it froze with 4 blocks to go.
    The main problem I have is that the bios file is 2.1MB in size, so a floppy drive is out of the question.
    Have tried a 1GB usb pen, using wincris.exe and Phoenix Recovery Tool on both windows 7 and xp, but still the same result.
    Insert usb, hold Fn+B, Insert power, and press power button, upon release of power button system attempts a boot but after a couple of seconds light on usb goes solid and no further activity.:confused:

8. isnetus

isnetus MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2013
    success in phoenix crisis recovery

I used phonix crisis recovery method for my toshiba satallite a350 laptop. in my first try it was a failure. after many tries, still it was failure then I think I have to find latest PHLASH16 then I downloaded 1.7.0.41 versiyon and changed it. I create a usb stick with it. yes, it was a great success. May be this information help someone...

here is the latest phlash16 link:

://yadi.sk/d/aZANyvGQ81dQA (put http before address, they do not give me permission to paste links yet)

9. silencer51

silencer51 MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2011
    Urgent help needed with a Fujitsu AH532 with 2.09 bios, tried a couple of SLIC mods and the last one unfortunately bricked it.

I do have a BIOS backup .bin file, is there any way to use this?

10. lezperez

lezperez MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2012
    Does anyone know the recovery method for a Dell Vostro 260? Apparently there's a problem with the update when running Win8 x64 (which I didn't find out till after!!!), so now I'm stuck with brick, 2 beeps and that's it! As far as I can tell there's a jumper on the board for putting it in recovery, but I have no idea how to extract the BIOS file from the .exe off Dells website, or how to start the recovery!!

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    looks like it uses MS-A04.BIN as MIH61_2M5.ROM

run the ms-a04.exe then go to %temp% when error pops up that its not a dell. in there u will find a folder a04 .. in it is MS-A04.BIN

likely it needs ami recovery methods.. but its a dell so the key to start recovery might be END

12. lezperez

lezperez MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2012
    Right, I've got the .bin file now thanks. So do I rename it MIH61_2M5.rom and place it on a floppy?

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    USB Stick. floppy is pre 2008 laptops usualy

14. lezperez

lezperez MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2012
    Ok I've tried MIH61_2M5.ROM, AMIBOOT.ROM, AMIBOOT.BIN and MS_A04.BIN. Used 3 different USB sticks in all the slots. Tried holding END, CTRL+HOME. Nothing!! Dell say that the 2 beeps means the RAM is not detected so I've reseated it, one stick at a time in both slots, and tried other sticks from a working machine and nothing. If I boot with no RAM I get the beeps and the power light flashes amber. If I put RAM in I get the beeps but the power light stays white. So I think it's time to admit defeat and get a new motherboard!!

15. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    test it with external VGA monitor. sounds like defective LED LCD or some video output bug from bios.

also likely its an EFI type so it might need some ami driver file ive read somewhere.

16. fred30w

fred30w MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    I need some help please. My Lenovo Z570 powers on but will not Post. Nothing shows on screen, the power led and media bar are lit, and the fan still runs if I leave it on long enough. This started after shutting down my computer overnight, then turning it on today. I have already tried taking out the battery and holding the power button, etc. I suspect the bios needs to be re-flashed, but it's not well documented on how to bios recovery on Phoenix UEFI. If anyone can help me out on how to perform an emergency flash, I would be most appreciative.

I would love to post the bios file for analysis, but the forum won't let me post links. I have posted a link in another thread about a year ago, here is the filename: 45CN38WW_NWL_ByCamiloml

17. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Did u check each ram stick?
    Use original not mod to do recovery
    Hold win B or fn esc prior to power plug and hold it while plug in ac power and power button.
    45cn38ww is what u need
    If its phoenix u will need to create wincris usb

18. fred30w

fred30w MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    Indeed I have tried the ram sticks. If I remove them both, the laptop won't power the hdd anymore, I assume that's normal. I will try the original firmware, I have it downloaded and extracted. Unfortunately, the usb drive gets read, but no flashing actually occurs.

19. computeruser

computeruser MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2012
    Anyone have any advice for me?

My problem started when I tried to update the BIOS version 2.10 for my Acer Aspire 4752G. The update was successful and I was prompted to restart but my machine never boot up anymore now. It just shows me a black screen. After searching around this forum and internet, I notice this was a very common problem for acer notebook. I know there's a phoenix uefi bios recovery, but I can't seem to find the correct file. Anyone can help me.o_O