Bios Recovery Procedures

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by petar, May 9, 2008.

1. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You have to use a jumper first to go in recovery process and follow the steps as indicated.

2. paredown

paredown MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2015
    #1463 paredown, Feb 24, 2020 at 00:53
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020 at 02:50
    First post--not sure if this is the place to ask questions?

I semi-bricked an Aopen Digital Engine DE65-HA. AMI eufi bios. What I get is drive seek (on Dvd) or USB--but black screen and no boot. I have tried working with the AMI recovery procedure as outlined above (although I have no floppy, using a USB stick), and although it enumerates it on first boot, it does not seem to go back to it

Coincidentally, while I was banging around the interwebs, I found at least one other person did this as well--like me, he used the version of the bios for the DE65-HAI (which I now know has differences in configuration).

From this post, I see this other person was skilled enough to remove the bios for reprogramming--and was able to edit a file provided for another (similar) AOpen machine.

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/need-bios-to-aopen-mp67-d.35286/

Is my only option to remove the physical bios chip (which seems beyond my ability). Or are there other ways that I can recover this machine. (No bios backup--working when you are tired is always a bad idea!)

Cheers, Dean