BIOS Setup Password on an HP ProBook 6545b

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by learning-as-i-go, Mar 6, 2011.

1. learning-as-i-go

learning-as-i-go MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2010
    I didn't know where else to post this so I thought I'd post it here.

I have an HP ProBook 6545b laptop with a BIOS setup password. This is NOT a Power On password. I can still boot into Windows. Just can't access BIOS settings.

I've tried removing CMOS battery, main battery and power adapter and left for half an hour - no luck. Tried flashing BIOS, but won't allow me to do that without password. Can't find any backdoor master passwords online. The BIOS is an HP (not an Award or Phoenix or anything like that). I also tried one BIOS password utility - "PC CMOS Cleaner" - burned it to disk, booted from it and it wouldn't initialize...kept giving an error message. I can provide a screenshot of the error message to anyone who has used this program and knows what might be the problem. Any suggestions?

Specifics:

HP ProBook 6545b
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    Bios Version: 68CTT F.05

Any cracks or tools that would work? Please help.

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    This may not help much,butttttt.

i was doing somebody's lapy a while back and I too could not boot into the BIOS. All I wanted to do was to make the dvd drive the first boot so i could run a fresh install. I tried everything I knew but could not get passed the password.
    I dont know if this is all you want to do but purely by chance I had left the Windows disc in the drive and switched the machine on. To my surprise it booted up from the disc NOT the HDD and i was able to do my fresh install.
    If this is what your after have you tried this,I bet you have and this is then just silly rambling by me..:eek: