bios slic 2.1 just kicked off

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Nov 13, 2009.

1. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    no this this is the first thing

can you prove sam is a bulls**tter?

2. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Guys, guys go outside and shoot each other in the face....this is not helping anyone....i believe you! :)

3. curriegrad2004

curriegrad2004 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2008
    Mods... please?

End this flame war...

4. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    O.K. This threat was interesting to follow...so please go back there! :)

5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Just need to work together finding out what is happening here?:eek::eek::eek: with the drm thing:eek::eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    so true but some ppl just dont know what that means lol

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It's only him with problems, no one else have this. Maybe he used a loader before. Microsoft already disabled 7loader with their update a few days ago.

8. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    WOW...Could this get more off topic???

I am impressed about the mainboard engineer stuff, just as I am impressed about the ability some of these individuals have to code these tools and programs.

One thing I have learned over the years..I have enough letters after my name to know...most of the time it speaks little about the true abilities of the individual.Anyone can obtain a certificate, applying the knowledge is the true test...

Please get back on track and leave the micturition contest for another time..this anatomy comparison will not solve Armada's problem..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, I actually do MoBo repair type stuff dip s**t. Next time think before you insult someone you jack A**!

10. ShortOnMyDo

ShortOnMyDo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Whats happening this evening....everyone's angry? :confused:
    Did we just agree to stop this! Everyone is a great mainboard engineer and does great repairs...thank you for that...

Now lets go for the solution :D

11. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Anyway, the only reason I suggested the physical chips, have you ever wondered if you had to reinstall windows and you found out that it was already activated without any user action like windows 7 would normally require if you download it. That is because the licensing info actually comes from the MoBo, that is also why if you have a computer that is an OEM and you put a new MoBo in you cannot use the OEM options like pc recovery or use special programs like Pc Doctor(In my case). They would not put the info in the hard drive anywhere because that is not reliable so they embed it into the motherboard. That is how OEM manufactures have been doing this since the XP days starting in 2002.

12. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    nvram inside the bios??? because before I flash this one I didnt flash it untill all was working

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    yea, kinda, if you will. Just information that the OEM manufacture installs into the MoBo to tell windows how to communicate with the motherboard for extra features.

14. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Some of the licensing is in the DMI of the bios for the repair discs and such. System Locked Discs are not new, but are usually linked to a String in these areas (id, serial, or text)..

I think the reason for a reinstall preactivating is the info still in the Cmos, not in the bios..Clear the cmos before the reinstall and see if they still activate.

Some discs are actually keyed to a hidden file on the harddrive, whether it be the drive serial or on a hidden partition. Again, I think this is not the issue here.

This is my basic understanding of some of it..Im not a programmer though....:D:D

15. wild_andy_c

wild_andy_c MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2008
    Oi Troll - you related to Thomas Stuart Drashek ?

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Clearing the CMOS should not remove that though because what if you have to update your bios, that clears the cmos in most cases and is advices to. Also, cmos is on the motherboard. There is a small chip that holds the bios and additional information on the face of the motherboard. usually you can find it by looking for "CMOS" either on the chip itself, or on the motherboard right next to the chip. That is the memory module, kinda like RAM only it does not reset on powerdown.

17. wild_andy_c

wild_andy_c MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2008
    Please explain where a changeable source of DMI is in BIOS????

18. wild_andy_c

wild_andy_c MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2008
    CMOS is usually S3 or in AMD case C state data - you wanna conflict it?

19. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    #59 spkleader, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    omg and the fight still goes on.. and on... and on...
    but wild_andy_c.. id like to ask you a question... the cmos isn't held inside the bios chip?
    afaik, most bios chips are eeproms with some very little ram inside, where it actually holds the 'cmos' data that still there coz of the battery present in every mb. Am I right or all this changed and I didn't noticed?
    Anyway, don't get offended and get back at me with flames or anything coz I'm not that kind of person. I'm just asking coz i'm really curious about this matter.
    And oh could you guys get over this stupidity? wild andy c worked for EPoX, nice. sam3971 did some private work with his father (or it was gramma?). I had two cocks when I was young, so what? (unfortunelly i had to take ride of one but hey.. the one that left was the biggest so no big deal!)
    All in all, I guess we're here to share knowledge and read some funny things, right?

Best wishes from Brazil and waiting for your answer, if possible ;)

. ^------ Have you ever heard about CBROM?

20. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    I had to replace the biso chip on a board I bricked, and the DMI data
    was still there after I did the repair. even after the battery was pulled
    over night. I dont know where it is stored but I dont think is in the bios
    chip.