Bios Tools

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by amiga, Aug 21, 2007.

1. David Verocei

David Verocei MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2019
    Hi.
    Please help me in bios usb dissabled setup problem?
    The bios reset with removing the battery not works and there isn't reset jumper.
    win10 run on modecom free pc with remote control.
    The bios read, write, setup possible use under the win10. ( USB keyboard not work )
    Under remote control the mouse and keyboard work.
    AMI AFIWIN.exe V-version read and write bios data. ( AMI Aptio 5.008 )
    What can i do for default BIOS setup?

2. justwhatiam

justwhatiam MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2015
    Looking for a way to change Acer laptop Serial and UID (Insyde)

3. heewing

heewing MDL Novice

May 18, 2009
    thank you for sharing

4. quid

quid MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2010
  5. johnsmith1882

johnsmith1882 MDL Novice

Mar 28, 2013
    Is there any way to change the service tag on a Dell XPS 15 9550 ?

I have tried Dell Platform Tags v4.0.27.0, AMI DMIEdit and other old Dell tools but nothing has worked. With Platform Tags I can change the asset tag successfully but there is no listed option to change the service tag. Am I missing something or am I using the wrong tool ??

I read about SmMfgCfg32/64.exe but apparently I need a file called s2token.tbl because this tool is made to be run / connect to Dells internal network. I also read about changing the asset tag to "pass:12/34" which would put the board into manufacturing mode, but I have not tried this yet (and don't know if it will allow me to change the service tag since it seems this is mostly for SLIC modification).

I have the old board with me but I have not yet swapped the ROM chips or started playing around with the external programmer.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

6. blaz42

blaz42 MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2013
    On some boards (I have experience with DELL desktop boards only) there is jumper labeled "SERVICE" (in notebook it could be a pair of pads) - when I shorted it out, it cleared the service tag and allowed me to enter it again directly from BIOS setup (I am not sure now if I needed to power the system up with the jumper closed) You could try to look for something like that.