Bios v Loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Proz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Proz

Proz MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    OK .... i have my suit of armour ready for all the flamers and experts :) but with enough booze i care not ... Oh yes I am stupid ...and yes as thick as 2 planks and bow to everyone else's expertise for i am but a fool ( can you tell i have been on some bad forums lol ).....so explain why i have read post from bios modders saying they are now "not genuine" ... i followed a dell xps thread cause thats what i have... the concencus was to mod the bios to 2.1 .... some upgraded to slic 2.1 and now they are not genuine ???? yes im a noob and i really dont want to mod my bios to be found un-genuine when my 1.7 loader is working fine so far .... so , how if its " fool proof " and yes i am a fool , explain how have some been found out .... yes i accept i dont know how they modded there bios and what they may have done since but obviously M$ have found some way of detecting the " FOOL PROOF " way of doing it .... and yes i am ready for the backlash that im stupid etc ... after all im just noobish and had it already ... ....obviously if anyone knew exactly how things were found out by M$ there would be no need for this discussion ...

thanks in advance for any humaniod replys :cool:

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

It's a matter of choice. Bios modding can brick your board but a loader May Be easier for MS to disable although they never really accomplished that in Vista. If you don't want to risk your board or can't afford to replace it then try look at Daz's and Hazar's offerings.

To my knowledge MS has not detected and disabled any of the loaders.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Similar question has been asked, it's your choice, but here a brief comparison. Bios mod is more dangerous, it could easily broke your system's motherboard, if it's done wrong. however it's much harder to detect.

For loader, there is no risk in bricking your system, but as many have experienced with XP or Vista, MS can provides windows patch to detect the hack, hence block it. also you may have to keep updating your loader, just to ensure you are one step ahead of MS.

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Could you please point the thread link where you saw this "non genuine" statement?

If this was happen, it may be a bad flash issue...

BTW I've been seeing this same phrase from you at 3 different threats, are you spamming?:mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...