Black Vipers Windows 10 Service Configurations (VERY USEFUL INFORMATION)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    #41 Underclocked, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    I just went through the tweaked list and was a little surprised to find only one service running that was on his disabled list. I shut it down and disabled it. Shouldn't be such a surprise though as I had already done some tweaking. :) It doesn't take long to run through his list as you only have to decide upon which config you want to try and then look for those items with asterisk notations. The long list is shortened greatly if you only look for those items.

Yes, I think a lot of folks would benefit from having those reg files available. I always found his reg files to be particularly easy to use and it was also very handy to have the default config reg files available (in case I screwed up).

2. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

I agree regarding speed in going back to factory defaults, you can save the list and mod it with bright colors of your choice to follow back on if needed...

3. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    You quoted me before my edit but that's okay. I just had names switched for a bit but no harm done. Thanks to you for posting this info, AcuraTML. I had wondered when he was going to get around to doing something with Win10.

4. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#44 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)
    Just got 2 Surface Pro3s tweak to BV's advice, and folks Windows ten rocks, and I am blown always what these service tweaks have turned my personal equipment into, a higher level with a reboot boot after the advised service tweaks are in place...

Total:

1 Work Station (checked)

2 ASUS Core 2 Desktops (checked)

2 M$ Surface Pro 3s (checked)

meaning of (checked) = BV's Tweaks Activated on turn off as requested

5. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#45 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)
    Me too,

Maybe my constant phone calls and emails mails to him...

(reason I really luv windows ten and it would be a shame if left alone and not getting the word out to the right people to jump on it and look in what is to be done at a level or two for safety first and performance)

Windows Services is the most complicated area in Windows one wrong move its not good... and there are only a very few around the word who have a handle on services and Mister BV is on that list world wide.

6. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I trusted BV, I have used his guides for XP in the past, Thanks OP for this.

7. goritsaman

goritsaman MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2011
    Me too. been using his guides since vista, very helpful

8. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    How could people not know who Black Viper is?! :confused: I mean I get it. The Internet is a big place. There is a lot of information and a lot of misinformation. But Black Viper was one of the 1st to write guides regarding Windows Services. His site was so popular at one time that he experienced one of the 1st DDOS attacks (not actually through attack, but just heavy demand).

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #49 PaulDesmond, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    some might not have found that individual just because they didn't like hacking that much. As some mentioned including myself not knowing that guy has nothing to do with his existence on the Internet but simply has to do with different interests. I myself NEVER tweaked or altered settings unnecessarily and always ran windozes like they were designed for.
    My design likes go into all other directions but into a stupidly altered operating system which should serve me to do things I need to do.
    I welcome that buddy warmly if he can be helpful but I doubt he steps down to feed MDL children without a donation :cool:

10. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#50 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)

Paul fair enough, your set on your own ways and rules, others like myself want to take windows into another level and to the extreme with the guidance of Experts in the likes of BV.

I really wouldn't use the reference of hacking towards, Mister, BV's in 2000, dear Paul BV sold Microsoft a tool to them for Overruns and Side by Side Conflicts and in the great Linux kernel config tool that Mister BV wrote for Linux

This guy isn't the type to be running around forums, this guy gets paid and a very good dollar at Universities across the world for software engineering students, I don't see the reference at all in not knowing the guy, as you admitted... he is far from a hacker or crafts cracks

We have to watch sometimes what we say...if not sure, the high road of saying nothing always is the best way...

Sorry Paul the guy has done his time and lots of work around this town, and he is someone in IT as a Expert and God Father of Windows not too many today can hold a candle to what he has mastered (some better and brighter people within Microsofft, like Balmer himself has said BV has forgotten most of the stuff he knows about Windows)

Comments like you know, are really cheesy and sleazy and small, BV has millions of followers, I am sorry you haven't yet reached that level Paul...

11. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    The only guy who knows how to put curtains on the Windows... :D :D

12. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#52 AcuraTML, Aug 22, 2015
    (OP)
    That's for sure, and no kidding.

Wzor and myself where having some beers a couple of years ago, in BC, Canada and BV was informed we where heading out to the west coast and guess who joined us out of no where??? lol

BV was going a speech down in California University with a team of MTI Grads and BV was just 3 hours away and he walked up to our table, what a party it turned into

13. ashmicro

ashmicro MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2012
    I've remember this guy, I used his services guide back when we were rolling out XP to the great unwashed. Useful stuff.

Good to hear he's still around.

14. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

The guy is the master of windows services, knows every service inside out and upside down and is able to re-write one from scratch within an hour

As far as I know and Wzor can also confirm this fact, there is no one on this planet who knows windows and the services section better then BV

15. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Paul, since day one of my visit to this forum and board, I have held you in high regard, both for the information you share, and the time and effort you put into providing the "X Files" service. I have looked to you and your posts to set an example to newcomers, and seasoned veterans alike. We all have bad days, perhaps this is one for you? Your attitude takes me by surprise, and seems totally out of character for you.

To pronounce judgement like that on a person whom, until the start of this thread, you didn't even know existed.... well, I am without words to express my wonderment at your doubt, and your implications that he is somehow above us and in a position to 'step down'. The even further implication that if he even came to this forum, he would only do it for monetary gain, is in my opinion, very much beneath you. However, it is only my opinion, and matters not to many besides myself.

For years, as you have heard so many people say within this thread, he has provided for people across the globe, not just within the confines of this forum. And when all is said and done, it is the responsibility of the person seeking the knowledge that he makes available, to go to his website to get that information.

All that to say this: Do you provide a service to this board and forum... a resounding YES! Does Black Viper provide that same service to this board and forum.... a resounding NO. HOWEVER, he does provide a very very valuable service to anyone in the world who takes the effort to go to his website and read, learn, and apply what is in his particular area of expertise... which is the Services section of Windows Operating Systems.

I said it before, and at the expense of repeating myself, I'll say it once more. Judge not the man, but judge whether or not the information he provides is valid, and useful to people who do not know as much as he does about the services section of the OS, and their effect on overall system performance.

I'll chalk this up to you possibly having an off day. But upon review, I believe you to be the kind of man who will say that perhaps you made that statement in haste......:g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. wazer

wazer MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I remember he had varius reg files generated you could download for safe,gamers,hardcore etc, is that still around?, cant seem to find those links, used them back in XP and win7

17. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Brother, I think Paul is having a BAD day or something going down in the personal department... he is only human and I am sure he will reframe and come to grip sooner or later...

18. Leadbelly

Leadbelly MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2010
    I cant be-leave people don't know who Black Viper is, that's like saying who is Elvis. You got to get out more boys. lol

19. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Indeed i was rather surprise too that black viper still around and the person unknown to some tech savvy people here. I had used his services guide since XP days.
    Glad he is back

20. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    He literally made XP usable on low memory configurations and was a lifesaver in the early 00's. Haven't heard about him in over a decade though. As Peter Griffin said, this memory really separates the men from the boys. :worthy: