Blacklisted Windows 7 (22TKD)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lumberjack, Apr 5, 2010.

1. lumberjack

lumberjack MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2010
    Newbie, First Post !!
    Just installed 7 Ultimate from downloaded iso ID 00426-OEM-8992662-00497, install was uneventful (didn't ask for product key) and says it's validated, has installed all updates so far without trouble. Ran SIW and discovered that original product key is the dreaded 22TKD !!
    Question....Is this install going to get the non genuine warning and if so, is there a way round it ?

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Sounds like you used an preactivated ISO, proceed the the windows 7 repository sticky and read it, it will tell you everything you need to know. Never, ever use an altered ISO, you will have nothing but problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
  4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    First - scan your whole system for malware.

Second - as OEM SLP activation is offline this will not cause you grief until you install the WAT update from M$ or try to validate online.

Thirdly - follow the advice from the other guys who have already posted - in short they are saying you need to change the key to any of the others that are not blacklisted before you try to validate either online or through Windows update - you may need to change loader but I doubt this at this time.

If you don't follow their advice we will see another post from you about how do I become genuine again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    :eek: n00bs and pre-activated-modded OS 's :eek: hahhaha sucks to be you enjoy your botnet / rootkit / god knows what else

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    Thats true I forgot he could be using loader and not have slic 2.1 :eek:...lol

Yep it's smart to just get clean ISO and then use loader or something. I was lucky I found this place first off:)

7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Yea, stay away from the pre-activated stuff unless you use a script like Mine, Hazars, or Daz's to auto-activate because you never know what else is in the ISO files. It seems like well seeded torrents of win7 are safe too though as long as they are not pre-activated. And god, DO NOT GET THE BIE VERSIONS! They are really bad and usually infected so stay away from them. I totally agree with Timesurfer here though about the non-modified ISO. The reason my script along with Daz's and Hazar's is because you mod the ISO yourself so you know what you are putting into it and they are nothing but simple batch files, certs, and or one program(In Daz's script for 7loader). Hope this helps.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #8 acyuta, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Some of the highly seeded torrent, preactivated versions were quite safe (as far as malware) but what is the rationale for that when I can get an untouched MS iso alongwith the great activators.

Plus, preactivated versions may no longer start off as genuine (this I found out on 1 install more than 2 weeks ago). On my hard disk, I had 4-5 highly seeded and verified preactivated torrents. After that experience and through the last month, I have deleted most of them to save disk space, and gradually replaced my repository with untouched verified images from this site and the various links. All verified as 100% genuine. Those are as good as I can get (as good as ripping a neighbour's original windows dvd). Also running unactivated+loader versions for more than 2 weeks now, and counting.

Finally, from my experience, the untouched images have a seamless and error-free install. Done in 20-25 mins, and activated in 30 mins.

Had a BIE 32 bit preactivated version which was never used. Have deleted that after reading some of the advice. What was supposed to be wrong there.

9. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Mainly the crack that was used to activate it was an infected file plus a weak loader that was killed by M$ already. IDK if it had any more packed viruses in it or not though. I never personally downloaded any BIE editions but I read a lot about them and almost everyone said they are bad.

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    #11 acyuta, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    I have done close to 10 installs on my PC over the last 2 mths. Initial 4-5 with preactivated (and 1 genuine one). In my experience, the installation of untouched, original images has always been seamless, error free, and 100% complete. Had no problems with preact. also, but the experience varied with hangups, blank screens, etc. Although always got the welcome screen, that was a relief and not an inevitable outcome as is the case with the untouched versions. Additionally, after one failed install (final one with a preact. version some weeks back), not sure if the preact. versions will start off as genuine. The untouched versions start off with 30 days grace period, but the preact. version was immediately identified as non-genuine.

11. lumberjack

lumberjack MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2010
    Everybody was a noob at some stage!!

Couldn't let this posting get away without commenting.
    OK i'm a complete novice, up until 2 years ago I didn't even know how to turn a pc on, I spent all my working life felling trees in the forests of the UK,so, computers are a bit more intricate than chainsaws and i'm giving it my best shot. Give a retired lumberjack a break.
    By the way, have scanned with, MSE, Kaspersky, Malewarebytes, Spybot, and Superantispyware, comes up CLEAN.

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Your cool bro I'm a student of this site also. So don't sweat any participants being amused at beginners;)

13. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    BTW it is most likely clean then but just remember that it is possibe that it could still have threats that pop up afterwards because they are really packed in the files and it makes it really hard to detect. A good example would be scanning an ISO and it comes up clean up extracting that ISO and your AV goes off and says there is a virus.

14. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I had this problem with Roxio 2010. On my home PC, KIS and then MSE, scanned and found it clean. Even on my office PC, the corporate Symantec Endpoint found it clean. When installed on home PC subsequently, KIS found a virus in the iso and deleted it!!!. Fortunately had a backup. For that matter, MSE finds a virus in Logitech setpoint 64 bit downloaded from logitech site.

15. mikimaws

mikimaws MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2010
    That is why I can't get myself to post my question since yesterday. But I have been reading the threads 6 hours straight. I'd rather search first than risk ridicule from experts. Some of them seems ok though.

16. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Look it is probably clean, I was just saying that it is possible to get the infected warnings afterwards. That is kinda odd with setpoint though. I use it also and I have KIS 2010 installed and I never have seen any virus warnings yet.

17. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    MSE (or more likely it is windows malicious software update of mar 2010) gives a notification on the exe file for setpoint 64 bit. Have not checked what that is about or what is the reason. Do not use setpoint anyway so deleted it.

18. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  19. ioftro

ioftro MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009