Blonde and Confused

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JulesInKy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. alfa1

alfa1 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    NoJuan999,

Thank you very much for the great information. Time for me to start studying.

2. alfa1

alfa1 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    #22 alfa1, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    I found two of the modded award bios', flashed one and got through genuine like a breeze, also noticed an update on MSI for the board, my question: if I update the bios from the Manufacturers site will it flush the SLIC tables out of the modded BIOS?

Thanks Guys

Well, to answer my own question, using an update that has not been modded with a SLIC table will flush the modded BIOS, I got a little brave and set out to see what would happen if I updated..lesson learned!

NoJuan999...I would never have been able to find the modded BIOS's I needed, with out your help, direction and guidance, many thanks to you for the help and all you do for the board.

alfa1

3. tormntr

tormntr MDL Novice

Mar 31, 2010
    alfa1, did you reload the modded bios? If so, would you then have to request another modded bios based on the mfg updated bios?

tormntr

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    If you flash your board with a new MSI bios then yes it will over write the SLIC 2.1 in your bios. You would need that bios to be modified. To be honest unless you are experiencing issues with your machine then i would leave the bios alone. You have passed genuine so best to leave it alone. Less modification = less risk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    @ alfa1,
    You're Welcome.

6. alfa1

alfa1 MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2010
    #26 alfa1, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    To answer alextheg and tormntr, I did flash the BIOS with the Bios update from MSI, I suspected it would flush the SLIC table from the modded BIOS, which it did.

I then reflashed the BIOS with the modded BIOS furnished from here and all is well again, I was not sure if the updates append or amend the binary files...they amend (FLUSH IT)

So; it is very important that, should a BIOS update be available from the MoBo manufacturer, it be modded with SLIC table before use by our fantastic board wizards.

alfa1