Blue screening

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by in123456789, Feb 16, 2010.

1. in123456789

in123456789 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    im pretty sure its not a virus so its either daz loader or the hard drive i installed

so im wondering can someone tell me how to uninstall daz loader without having to reinstall all the programs on my computer?

(if that doesn't work im uninstalling the hard drive r if someone could tell me how i could get it working itd be great)

ill post other specs later but im on:

intel i7
    6gb ddr3
    i believe asus motherboard
    750gb hd and 500gb hd

2. meatbag42

meatbag42 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    #3 meatbag42, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    I received the same issue, though perhaps worse. The loader worked fine for quite a while, but then suddenly no longer was noted as genuine. I then changed the loader (I believe ASUS/Dell key?) and it still didn't work. Then I started getting frequent notifications of corruption and MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSODS. Ran diagnostics for 48+ hrs and hardware tested fine outside of windows environment. As soon as windows loaded again, corruption etc started. I finally just did a complete format and restore and want to prevent this from happenning again.

Is there an uninstall feature for the loader, and what are the best steps (and best loaders) to use?

EDIT: almost positive that the loader/specific method was to blame as it even crashed attempts to boot with Win 7 dvd

3. in123456789

in123456789 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    The loader installed correctly and it starts to blue screen when I'm running programs or restarting/leaving my computer on over night. Might be overheating as my computer has a heatsink on the processor but not a fan as it's right next to the back exhaust fan but I might just be OCD with that. It's on stock speed at 2.66ghz and I'll stress test it just to make sure. Btw for the recovery iso do I just burn windows 7s iso onto a DVD? And thanks timesurfer!

4. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    You can try any loader or that of mine. After install before reboot, run vista7 slic ldr and view loader info under slic info. If its in Green Color, then it should be ok. If its in Red Color with word 'No Loader' or Error', you should uninstall (function within Vista7 Slic Ldr) that loader before you reboot. This way you donot have to reboot to see blue screen.:D

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Perhaps, if you can get it to boot to desktop then you can start daz program and uninstall with unistall button. then try another mode like alternative or the other ones. the new daz software in that link is to be able to check what loader mode is going to work without having to go through problems like you are now. I believe you just burn ISO to CD then either use it to repair or see what loader mode is available to you. I haven't tried the other options available.

6. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #7 omdhar, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Yes, in case of @ in123456789, he can either use windows 7 DVD or DAZ ISO to restore bootsector. But under normal conditon, when one install any loader, he can use vista7 slic ldr to read whether loader worked or not. This avoids reboot to find blue screen

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The loaders actual mode is what can cause BSOD's on some systems, this is why theres the selection of modes.

This is a perfect example of why I made the live loader/recovery ISO, it allows you to test a loader under all available modes to find the one that works best for your system without actually making any changes to the system. There's absolutely no way to tell if the system will BSOD in advanced, it can be random and not system specific.

If you run the loader and press the uninstall button it will completely remove the loader from your system and restore you to the way you was prior to installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    That's correct. But what I meant was, if one use any bootloader, it write in particular sector of MBR of hdd to replace ntldr with grldr or some random name. If after mod of that mbr by any ldr is not detected by my ldr or that of by Paymyrent ldr, then the ldr itself is very to doubtfull to work. Hence, one should uninstall in that case.

9. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    So the ability to detect possible loader success is in your loader, Paymyrent's, and daz's loader/recovery ISO. I wonder if daz is planning to include that function in his future loaders? Most of the size of the loader/recovery ISO is in the recovery options.

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ timesurfer
    Loader detection is a gimmick, it doesn't work. Sure the current method can look for a loader but it can't be proven if that file is even a loader or not because it detects *any* modification to the MBR, even if its for a standard GRLDR file! My live ISO totally bypasses it and is undetected and my other loader installation method is also undetected, why? because they don't change the MBR.

If the MBR is changed back to it's original state the loader file becomes inactive, it's just a dead file that won't cause any harm. Thats the exact reason I don't scan for anything, have you seen the CPU and memory usage this feature drags along with it? I already have a method to uninstall all loaders without having to run background processes as shown by the standalone application I put out a while back in my thread :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Thanks for the information. :)

12. in123456789

in123456789 MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    everythings green with vista7 slic ldr ill check the hard drive