Bod message error

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thegambit, Aug 10, 2013.

1. thegambit

thegambit MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2013
    HI I received this message {c000021a fatal system error} on my screen I've tried to start in safe mode and it wont let choose safe option(F8). But I can hit F12 and select start options like HHD,DISKETTE ECT. I've tried windows7 disc to attempt a repair with no luck. Can someone please help, thanks. System is a DELL M6600 WIN7(64) and two HHD'S running in RAID(0).

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #2 PhaseDoubt, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    What does this mean? Did it just not boot? Did it boot but remain unresponsive? Did it boot and run repair unsuccessfully?

If you can't repair, can't start Windows 7 normally and Safe Mode fails, I'd remove the HDD and attached it to another computer to help determine if it's damaged. At that time I'd offload all important data for safe keeping.

If everything fails and you just can't get your system to boot from any media, and you've preserved your data, it sounds like it's time to wipe the drive and reinstall the OS. I like GPartEd for sledge hammer type drive manipulations, but there are many others.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    do memtest first then try removing one of the hdd.. but it will be running on 1 hdd and if it crash.. try other hdd alone.
    if no crash. replace hdd with empty to rebuild raid0 array from good disk.