Boot a full version of Windows 7 from a USB Port

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by parulsc, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Padpadak

Padpadak MDL Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I mean that you can use the USB-HDD with win7 on it,To check and resolve the WAT issues on your original OS.
    When u use the usb hhd to boot fromm it use the mobo and hardware from the PC or laptop you plugged the usb hdd in, or not ?
    It is better to re-instal your USB hdd than your main OS if you have probs with WATand activation / validation
    When for example you instal KB 971033 on your usb -hdd , it wil not affect your main OS ???

2. parulsc

parulsc MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    Hey it has been a couple years, and I am proud to say from these forums in particular the win7usb blog has gotten over 3,000 views! Thank you for your support. Please note this process still works and I will begin updating it again. Hopefully I can recreate the process to work for Windows 8 as well, wish me luck! :)

~Parulsc

3. parulsc

parulsc MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2010
    I also request that if someone comes across this thread again that they bump it to allow other people to find this wonderful way to boot windows directly from their usb device. Once again, thank you for your support.

4. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    Hey my friends will install Win7 on a 32 gig SD HC with external usb adapter, Your script will help, but how about the speed of the system??

thanks for help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...