Boot Option Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mishtag, Nov 4, 2016.

1. mishtag

mishtag MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    I have an HP PC with 2 physical HD one had Win7 and Win10, and recently I had problem with the Win10, and first I tried to re-install Win10 fresh, but I had problem, then I decided to install Win8 and then upgrade to Win10, however, after installing Win8 I lost the Boot screen to choose either to start Win7 or Win8 (the blue screen), and my PC now sataring always with Win8, so how to fix this problem; I think their is a small SW fixing it but I don't remember its name.

Thanks for any help in advance,

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Maybe you can use easybcd?

3. mishtag

mishtag MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    Thanks Enthousiast, I think this is the SW I was looking for, I will try and then I will report if it didn't work.

4. mishtag

mishtag MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2016
    #4 mishtag, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    (OP)
    Hi Enthousiast, I have downloaded and installed easybcd, and I found an instructions to solve 3 scenarios, so I tried 2 of them and it didn't work, so I want to try the last option before I give up and re-install win7, but the instructions says (Note – the first section applies to External Devices (e.g USB flashdrives). what I understand the I have to install easybcd in the USB then reboot the PC from the USB, but it didn't work, easybcd didn't run, so what I was missing?

Update: I have managed to recover Win7 and now I am getting the boot option menu, but in black, so I will continue to try getting the blue menu which is usually created by Win10.