Boot-up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PhysK, Jan 16, 2009.

1. PhysK

PhysK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2009
    So these clean OS discs, i just get a OEM, or a retail one.
    and then activate them by whats in that link.

im presuming i should use the ASUS certificate, since your file used an ASUS one.

ps. im not a 100% what to do with those files in the "Howto" even after reading it.
    and i cant really use Everest since my computer out of use, and no point running it on my bros laptop.
    and do i do all of the "howto" steps before i burn the OEM/retail cd?
    and then burn and then do the bios flash?

or shall i burn the retail/oem dvd, do the flash. and then use the how to?

im not quite sure? could you clarify the steps for my example?

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Repair the MBR on your install, flash the bios, put the cert on your c drive...c:/ASUS.XRM-MS

Install the cert and serial by the direction in the file.

You will need to use elevated command prompt. Right click on the command prompt shortcut and run as admin.

Use the slmgr.vbs commands and the asus key.

wait for confirmation the files were installed..

On one final note. you may need to use the VOATK tools to remove some other crack if it is present on the BIE disc.

If you repair the MBR and the crack is removed, the OS should be stable, depending on any other crazy things they did to it....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PhysK

PhysK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2009
    so i just do this stuff to my current vista installation, and dont download a RETAIL edition?
    if so i got it, and will try this after you verify?

current situation(on dec08BIE):
    all files on usb ready.
    will do the MBR recovery.
    then flash bios.
    then vista should work.
    when in vista i go into command prompt runnins as admin.
    do all the howto stuff
    and then VOATK if need be.

4. PhysK

PhysK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2009
    hey omg thanks mate, its working and license has been verified! yay thanks mate!
    just gotta get vista drivers on for my motherboard.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I am glad it worked for you. You may want to find a retail version for repair install or future installs. The custom install discs are notoriously unstable..

You can also rig an OEM folder in you own install for already installing the cert for future reference. I never change any PID inf or or mess with xml files, as yo will find many tutorials for... Only add the cert to the $OEM$ folder and add serial at install. Simple as it gets...:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PhysK

PhysK MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks again yeah il probably get a retail version, and keep that as my backupdisc or something.
    About the OEM thing, wudnt it be okay if i just installed the certs the same way i did this time rather than adding to the disk.(i dnt mind adding to disc either, just ondering whats the best solution.)

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yes, that is perfect. I just wanted to pass it on that it could be done. Whatever you are comfortable with...:D:D