Bootloader by Daz causing boot loop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Access Denied, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Access Denied

Access Denied MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2012
    My first post, got a strange one here. I have a copy of Windows 7 with the WAT removed, however as you know this causes Microsoft to stick it's fingers up at you if you need to pass as genuine software. So whenever I do a fresh install I use RemoveWAT to restore it and then use the Bootloader by Daz. This has always worked a charm. Until now.

The missus bought a Packard Bell Easynote TE laptop for random surfing and such and asked me to replace Windows 8 with Windows 7. I did this, restored the wat and used the bootloader. Everything was apparently installed properly and the computer rebooted. Here's where I hit a wall. It does the Packard Bell splash screen, ticks away the "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD" and then reboots in a cycle. I've tried changing the boot priority to the HDD to no avail. I can't figure out why it would work on several computers and another laptop but not this one.

Can anyone help?

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Never combine the two. RemoveWAT doesn't actually "remove" WAT and it's what will get your system flagged as non-genuine. The loader passes all genuine tests and Windows updates all on it's own.

To answer your question though, try enabling the loaders default boot menu from the advanced options tab and then installing it. When you reboot you'll then want to use the "Debug (legacy)" option. Oh and make sure you use version 2.2 of the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Access Denied

Access Denied MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2012
    I use RemoveWAT to restore the WAT otherwise the loader doesn't work. In any case I've been using 1.6.9 up until now. Will give 2.2 a go and let you know what happens.

Cheers!

4. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    So you use RemoveWAT to uninstall RemoveWAT? It's just that the uninstall function in RemoveWAT doesn't fully correct everything. And if after applying RemoveWAT the loader will report "Modified - Uninstall other cracks" because your systems modified and it's going to cause issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Access Denied

Access Denied MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2012
    Not really sure how it works to be honest. The copy of Windows I have comes with the WAT already removed. I run RemoveWAT and it tells me the WAT has already been removed. I then click on Restore, reboot when done and run the loader. Works.

6. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #6 Daz, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    Gotcha :)

If it's the Hazar version then it'll have some permissions screwed up. However, there was one version BobSheep (a forum member here) released under Hazar's name that fixes that uninstall routine. Hopefully you've got that version as then you'll pass KB971033 update tests. That's with WAT restored of course, not with RemoveWAT applied.

7. Access Denied

Access Denied MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2012
    You sir, are a legend! 2.2 worked perfectly. I can now go to bed!