Bricked Pavilion Dv6 3153, please help! and conclusion

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by ocellum, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ocellum

ocellum MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2011
    Hey all!I need some help with a BIOS I have that I flashed the BIOS to a newer version. I flashed the BIOS using the correct file and the update was sucessfull. Somehow, after I rebooted, it will no longer post. I tried to create a bootable pendrive for bios recovery with the correct batch file and a copy of the bios file, I tried to use HP BIOS Update UEFI saved in a pendrive and a pendrive with dos system startup but it didnt seem to work. My laptop is a HP Pavillion DV6 3153ss an the BIOS file is a Insyde F.23, the filename packaged in the HP site is sp50942.exe and the BIOS file is 01448F23.bin. After thousand attempts and a lot of reading, I concluded that I need the signed file, but I dont have because I deleted the HD recovery partition, and also i cannot acces to HD because my laptop is bricked. I have read that some people have managed to recover BIOS with a .sig file from another laptop with the same BIOS file, and i think that this is the last chance for my computer, please someone could send me your .sig file!!!, the file named 01448.sig and is in the HP recover partition. Thanks advance, and sorry for my bad English, I'm Spanish.