Brother 495cw printer driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ziggy34, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ziggy34

ziggy34 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    #1 ziggy34, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    Trying to help a friend with his new printer.

He installs the windows 7 drivers and can print with out a problem until he shuts down.

When he tries to reboot, he just gets a black screen. He has to boot in to safe mode and do a system restore prior to installing the drivers and reboots and everything is fine.

any ideas what I should look for when I go over to work on it?

It is hooked up right now to his router. I told him to try hooking it up as a usb printer and see what happens, but have not heard back from him yet.

Thanks

Edit:
    This happens on two different computers with Win7, one Ultimate and the other Home Premium, Printer is working great on his XP machine.

2. ziggy34

ziggy34 MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2009
    Ok, He got all his computers to finally boot again. Got all the network printer drivers removed. Hooked up the printer to his desktop with usb and installed the usb drivers. All is working that way.

Still can not get the printer hooked up as a network printer. The drivers will install and he can print until he reboots, then just a black screen comes up.

Not sure what to do. He has about 2 weeks left to be able to send the printer back.

He called Brother, and they were of NO help what so ever.