BSOD installing dual setup WIN 7...HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JLD, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    some of the members over at the HyperOS website have run the full 22 OS,s.
    and recently HyperOS have added a feature to run OSs within OSs so a lot more are possible .
    I will give you an example though ,I have XP installed as a lot of my older games ,and a bloody good old photo printer is not supported in Vista or Win7 .another drive is kept for internet access (Vista) ,this is the only OS that can access the internet routinely .other intallations are set up for specific tasks ,I have a Win7 homebasicN stripped to the bones (6.1gb) that has my photo editing programs only intalled . its a big advantage to be able to edit photos, at speed ,without worrying if any of them are going to dial home and switch off .
    and at the moment a couple of win7 installs ,Ultimate , home premium , both in ( 32bit and 64bit) just for testing ,(and because I can) another good thing about this system is once I decide what OS suits me best for overall use ,I can install one ,sort out drivers etc .then make a backup in the backup folder ,then activate it ,and clone it (copy) to any or all of the other drives (partitions) it will automatically be activated and wont need any altering eccept to install what other programs I choose for that version.

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Neat !
    I will check that peace of soft out. See what it's made of.

3. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I had mine set up as quad boot, and use EasyBCD 1.7.2 with no problems, now down to triple boot. However, Win 7 WAS wanting to install boot on another drive instead of the XP partition, I solved this by unplugging the other (SATA) drives while doing the OS installs- that was an easy fix for me. Genuine; I wasn't aware that 1.7.2 sometimes causes problems, ignorance is bliss :) (Guess I got lucky, or it could be the fact I installed it after all the OS's were installed).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    #24 JLD, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    (OP)
    Hey guys...after installation & reinstallation & more reinstallation i finally have a solution.Updated my BIOS & DL the latest ULi M5287 driver. Here's the weird part :

Go to BIOS changed PEG/IGD to PCI/IGD before installing Win7. Install win7,log in & install latest nvidia driver, update windows & reboot..go back to BIOS & change PCI/IGD back to PEG/IGD & voila! no more BSOD before login...finally can log in to Win7..

Works for me...& so far no more BSOD after running win 7 for 4 days..& triple booting with XP & Ubuntu 9.10...!

THanx guys! CHeeRS!

**EDIT : and my Soundmax AD1986A 5.1 surround works in WIN7 as well!! CHEEEERRS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scififreaks

scififreaks MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2015
    I was wondering when youl view this, would it be possible to get a copy of hyperos. Site hyperos.co.uk is closed out of business. I have tried several times by support links and emails. Site is considered abandoned. Bankruptcy last year.

So any copy would be great I missed the boat on this old piece of technology and wanted to experience what the hyp and fuss was all about.