Bsod problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by HWGXX7, Jul 20, 2012.

1. HWGXX7

HWGXX7 MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2012
    No nonsense to me, if I put a system together for wich I know that a clean installation works would I want to be responsible for mistreating the hardware? Warranty is 1 year.

After I had some remarks the tech guy installed a clean unactivated version Win7 x64 to proove that the hardware isn't to blame. I was there with him. 'No problem' occured. I played at home Far cry 2 highest settings to give my system some heat and no problems there.

Now suddenly I got a message like: Driver stopped responding and has fully recovered. This is on the clean Win7 version. Searched around on internet and other people seems to have similar experience. Will try it with latest drivers.

Thanks for all advices.

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Well, my last comment on this but, if it were me and the case is sealed (I've had those too years ago hence my moving to building all my desktops) I'd take it back to the retailer, demonstrate the problem and insist they make it right as many times as it took. Since I do all these type transactions with a credit card, I'd also protest the charge with the credit card company. That is unless the charge were already paid of course.

The bottom line is you paid good money and have the right to expect a stable operating machine. A good retailer will respect that and work with you until the problem is solved. Some don't, and I stopped dealing with those types years ago.

Good luck, I know this is frustrating ... been there; done that.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    sometimes but rarrely the bios of the gpu card can be the culprit.. hard to find support on that sometimes.