Bsod problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Johdy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Johdy

Johdy MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2013
    Hey guys,

After my computer did a chkdsk the computer reboots itself and I got the famous Black Screen of death.
    I cannot do anything, and hitting ctrl+alt+del task manager won't appear either.
    ALl I can do is to hit F8 and go to the repair option, and at system restore option I could enter the cmd window (as administrator). Is there any possiblilty to fix this issue via cmd commands? or do I have to do a fresh install ?

I tried to download the file of PreveX on USB stick the filename is called "FixShell.exe". Have also tried to execute the file via the cmd command in the system recovery section but I receive the message that the subys or somthing does not exist. (it's in German "Das zum Unterstützten des Abbildtyps erforderliche Subsystem ist nicht vorhanden.")

Thanks in advance

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Did the HDD has an System Reserved Partition? That seems to be the missing Subsystem.

You could try to boot from DVD and use to Repair from those.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    " ...ALl I can do is to hit F8 and go to the repair option, ... "

If this is all you can do, and the machine is advising you to do that, sounds like urie has nailed it.