[BUG DISCUSSION] Windows 10 "Final 1803" 17134.1 (PC) Bugs and Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sid_16, May 3, 2018.

1. Memnon

Memnon MDL Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Probably, There will be no solution of the brightness adjustment for older machine!

2. KPRESTON

KPRESTON MDL Novice

May 6, 2018
    Has anyone else experienced 1803 not showing up in their network?

There is access but it just doesn't show up.
    It drops the connection with my NAS constantly
    There are other bugs but I just said the heck with it and went back to 1709.

I only do clean installs and this threw me for a loop because this is supposed to be an actual release.
    With that, they are supposed to have another major release not long from now so why am I interrupting my daily routine just to update garbage that I don't use.

Seriously, who needs a built in game PVR and the upcoming timeline function.

I spend 30 minutes installing then 7 hours just trying to get the thing to work like a useful operating system.

3. anyen

anyen MDL Novice

Apr 21, 2008
    1803 10bit colour broken...
    works fine on 1709

all display set to sdr and cant change

4. pauliewog

pauliewog MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    My asus laptop keeps getting stuck on the boot screen and then I have to hard restart into safe mode and then reboot and its fine. But on every restart it does that. All my drivers are up to date and I even messed around in msconfig to see if I could figure out the issue but no dice. I never had this issue before on any past builds. I even turned off vt-d in my bios and still the same result. This is just dumb and tiring!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Zardoc

Zardoc MDL Addicted

Feb 7, 2008
  6. N0t1s

N0t1s MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Today, WU downloaded the new build 17134.1. After restarting, my OS was updated to this new release. My system seems to work as fast and smooth as it did before. The only thing I've noticed is that a new 450MB partition -tagged as OEM partition- has been created. I realized that because the system warned me that I was running out of free space on my D drive (drive I didn't have before). I can see this new partition by using Windows Explorer or Windows Disk manager. Diskpart also shows this partition. So I guess this is not the same bug we've seen in build 17133, or is it?
    I then formatted this D partition and the system stopped showing that warning again. It can't be deleted using Disk Manager, I haven't tried using diskpart.
    This is all I have noticed so far.

Thank you for the good job you guys are doing at MDL!!

7. Woddieop

Woddieop MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2017
    Activated Windows with Microsoft Toolkit from one of the stickied threads on this forum and I can't update to 1803... I'm on the previous version

Anyone with a similar issue? None of the "solutions" on Google seems to work for me. If anyone managed to solve it, please share the solution? Thanks :)

8. Minsk

Minsk MDL Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Too buggy this build (foobar2000 sound cracking and launching some old games windows doesnt open in full mod at start etc..)
    Maybe roll back to 1709.

9. cicciored

cicciored MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2008
    have a problem with wmp not starting it sends me to the microsoft x server x installation
    uninstalled reinstalled web server error and does not start? solutions

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I didn't get any answers about the motivations of this thread existing and being made sticky, and why the treadtitle is beginning with the exact same words as the original 17134.1 aka 1803 thread, even the content is the same as normally was posted in the original thread.

Now even i get confused and have to verify in what thread i am reading, so i temporary changed the thread title of the original 17134.1 aka 1803 thread.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :dunno: :tooth:

12. scootcha

scootcha MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2014
    Now need to disable 'Remote Control' and 'Remotely Controllable Device' for one of my Bluetooth devices via Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers to keep it from immediately disconnecting/powering off.

Capture.PNG

13. Quaint10

Quaint10 MDL Member

Mar 15, 2018
    When i Minimize Any Full Screen Game Then Maxmize them again its take alot time in windows 1803 version when i have 1709 it doesnt take that much time? Is anyone hv this prblm

14. Chewie4u

Chewie4u MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2010