BUG Folder

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by ThomasMann, May 27, 2016.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I apologize if this is the wrong section.

When it is connected to a computer, I can find on my ASUS tablet Android 4.4.2 in “Internal storage” (as opposed to storage on removable microSD) a File Folder named BUD. It contains five files with names all very similar to this one:

d-1_1461033380476.med2.gz

They all are between 10 and 20 kb small.
    What are they and can I delete them?

THanks, TM

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Why do you care with files so small?

3. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

I do, because it is my tablet and I did notinstall anything of the kind. This simply turned up a few weeks ago and occupies RAM.

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Show me a screenshot of those files occupying RAM

Delete them, reboot, see what happens

Do you know anything about Android? You'd hate what you would find if you looked inside the system folder if you were rooted, millions more files you have no idea what they do, but hey, delete them too

5. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

Its one of the very, very few things I dislike about this forum. People have no answer to the question that is asked but give all kinds of advice.

I appreciate your trying, but I made sure my question says exactly what it says. Why does that make you assume my tablet is not rooted?

I asked: Does anyone know what BUD files in a folder also called BUD are?

6. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    You're welcome. :)

Truth is, I saw your post over there and over here, so I figured I'd answer it here. have you tried opening any of the files with 7-zip?
    IIRC, gzip and Tar go hand in hand, so, if there's a Tar file in there, then 7-zip should allow you to open it.

Of course, if it's some kind of adware / spyware, it'd be encrypted, so, it wouldn't make any sense to anyone but a Mathematician. :)

About that article. That makes sense. Electromagnetic energy definitely has an adverse effect on just about any organic matter.

On Long Island, they've been finding Cancer and Autism 'Clusters' around Power lines and Large Microwave towers.

Sad, isn't it. We poison ourselves for fun.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...