bugs in Windows 10 build 10061

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by chilsaoui, Apr 23, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And I'm now on refreshing build 10061!

Don't know what the problem are, I was just try to install an Network Printer, no problems in any other build, and Laptop restarted and the whole network were not accessible anymore.

Now I'm on refreshing, only option which I was getting and will see that wil work and bring back Networking again. Both were down: Ethernet and WiFi, even indicator were showing all works. Try to connect to internet and other computer and got the Messages that Network is disconnected!

No Problem, because I really wait for the next official MS Build anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Possible that the problem were Comodo Internet Security related which I had installed upfront. I also un-installed it fully before were try to setup the Network Printer.

In meantime, the system were refreshed within ¾ hourand Network is back working. Also the Network Printer is now installed.

Let see what will be the next problem?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    Probably already been said but upgrading causes a lot of bugs, I fresh installed 10061 and start menu works perfectly.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Now Start Menu isn't working anymore! Conclusion: Clean install, again!!

5. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    In the worst case a new user account is enough to fix any UI related glitch, if imported during an upgrade.

Format an reinstall is looser's approach

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    On buggy pre-release OS's it's not

7. Elle233

Elle233 MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I am having same issue on my HP Laptop. Any idea why?

8. Elle233

Elle233 MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I am having same issue on my HP HDX Laptop. Any idea why?

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why I should use several hours for to try to fix, or even create an new user account etc. etc. if the re-install just needs 25min? And, if the user couldn't even access Settings and the Windows Update? Still a looser while taking an fast approach?

Oh, O forget that's a speech from an perfectionist! Luckly I'm just an imperfect human and like to be just that!

This is still an Alpha/Beta and not an final, and many things will still changing!

10. GQHomie

GQHomie MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2015
    IT'S here and it updated smooth. What else can be said. Is it perfect,no. But it will take MS time to get this right. I'M tire of all the old crap. Issues and all.

11. troyboytn

troyboytn MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    Same problem here with an HP DV7. Spent an hour yesterday finding the root of the problem and fixing it by uninstalling the faulty driver and reverting to driver 16.3.15.1 which has worked flawlessly since Windows 8. Still don't understand MS fascination with forcing these apparently untested drivers, but then again, waybe they have a deal with hardware providers to make us their beta testing guinea pigs as well...

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    you can pretty much guarantee they work with the OEM's on drivers. What a perfect platform for testing drivers, a technical preview.

13. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Buggy users who thinlks that, not buggy prerelease.

Understanding and fixing the problems is the biggest part of fun;)

14. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #75 Myrrh, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    During install, I told it to NOT automatically update my apps.

The "Check for updates" button in Store (beta) appears to do nothing.

To get the updated Mail/Calendar, I had to search the store for it and choose Install, which did not work yesterday but did work today. The Store (beta) never detected that it needed an update.

Similarly, the non-beta Store (green) tells me there are several apps needing update, third party apps work fine but for MS apps (MSN Money, MSN News, MSN Sports, MSN Weather), each one will download but they all fail to install with 80073cf1 which probably means "this app is already included in the build and the update is incompatible."

I then found three of the four in the beta Store, it says I own them, I click install, then it says it's installed. Now the green Store says 80246007 which probably means "I don't know why this won't install."

15. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i also notice the flash does crash a bit....mainly on facebook not sure if is site related or the OS

Capture.PNG

16. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    #77 T-S, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

Maybe to learn something ? Maybe to avoid to waste your time reinstalling everything you need?

Reinstalling lasts only one time, learning is forever. ;)

17. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    In general you're right, regarding an 'golden' system, but an Alpha/Beta which still contains a lot of bugs.

And in my case, there were just nothing else installed as Comodo Internet Security latest version and de-installed before the test to install the Network Printer! To find the culprit in that case, were just the new installation of the OS W10TP and check it would now let install the Network Printer, and i does with no problem. As the de-installation of Comodo were need to be started twice and than the first crash of W10TP, followed with the second after an Refresh of that OS, was just enough for do an clean install and not to waste anymore time because the figure were quite clear!

18. Billy06010

Billy06010 MDL Novice

Aug 27, 2013
    Find the apps in the Green store let them install or whatever then the update alerts will go away!

19. jznomoney

jznomoney MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2008
    I have a stream 7 tablet. When in tablet mode every app I open loses focus eventually. In desktop mode it is fine. I am running a x86 version.