[BUGS / ISSUES REPORT] Windows 8 Consumer Preview Build 8250

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Windows4live, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ice673

ice673 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2012
    #21 ice673, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    after sign out screen is blank

i reset the computer but after the loading screen, the screen is still blank - showing only the background color.

i reset the computer again but now nothing shows up, backlight is off, no boot sound
    I'm using Asus n45sf laptop.

tried to use external monitor - nothing shows up. I really need help I can't use my computer anymore.

just did a clean install. everything is ok again. I'm staying away from signing out!

2. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    #22 Jaycee13, Mar 2, 2012
    1. Confirmation message still appears after syncing PC in the PC Settings
    2. Photos, People, Messaging, Mail are not live.
    3. All other apps working smoothly except for the above mentioned apps

EDIT: Photos, Mail, Messaging working

People, still pending

3. fardeen

fardeen MDL Member

May 11, 2010
    fast shutdown bug

i think i found a shutdown bug, if u change ur power button to shutdown and u press the button to shutdown, it won't do a fast shutdown/ fast boot instead it will do something like the old shutdown and old slow boot. however if u press CTRL+alt+del or choose power from charm menu and do a shutdown, it will do a fast shutdown and fast boot when u start up the pc, can someone try this and confirm it to me

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Apparently same problem... I just started formatting my Asus X53S with WCP, after the first part the screen goes blank.. even no bios splash screen :(

I think its a hardware failure, no backlight, external monitor is blank, caps lock & numlock is lighted.... but nothing in the screen :confused:

But installs fine in a HP Pavilion g6, Dell Vostro 1015 ;)

5. smartass1379

smartass1379 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2011
    I get notifications on the live tile for my gmail

6. chickeneaterguy

chickeneaterguy MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2011
    1. Nvidia Drivers for laptops (mine is a 540M)
    2. After installing Nvidia drivers (295.73 for me), the primary monitor will be black (with the cursor). If a secondary monitor is attached, you'll be able to do things but you'll need to Windows + Directional Key to move it to the secondary display.
    3. What worked for me was downloading the latest Intel graphics drivers (mine's for the HD 3000 series), installing them, then installing the Nvidia ones.

7. secretromeo

secretromeo MDL Addicted

Mar 30, 2011
    #27 secretromeo, Mar 2, 2012
    BUGS:

1) Even though my PC is connected to a working broadband internet connection, the network icon on the notification area still shows 'No Internet Access' icon!
    Capture1.jpg

2) Buggy Icons!
    Capture2.JPG

3) I'm connected to the internet, i'm using MDL and this sick Weather app shows 'You are not connected to the Internet'!
    Capture3.jpg

4) Betta Fish missing!
    Capture4.jpg

The Windows Store has so less apps... And just because MS is based in US, doesn't mean all its app will show 'Not supported in your country'! Holy f*** I live in India, not Somalia! MS and its Bing platform especially, is too much USA-biased!

8. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    1: If a copy session stops on it's own, clicking cancel will cancel the copy, but the instance will remain until pc is shut down/hard restart.
    2: Current skype build causes a flash script error on "skype home" resulting in max cpu usage and increased ram usage until user stops the script. instance occurs anytime skype attempt to access "skype home". current work around is use skype with contact list only and never clicking "skype home".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. himomthep

himomthep MDL Junior Member

Jun 23, 2011
    i have a problem when click on the link the msn opens a page hides of IE10 but don't appears on desktop, the that cant do to solved this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. dudedroid

dudedroid MDL Junior Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Getting random freezes and not able to pinpoint any specific application that might be misbehaving :(

11. tallone

tallone MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2011
    Device Manager shows my 3 internal hard drives but not able to show "Volume information". Error "Volume information not available".

Libraries: Computer: only shows startup drive and DVD drive.

Help please as I would like to Mirror 3 internal + usb drive.

12. legolash2o

legolash2o MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2008
    #32 legolash2o, Mar 2, 2012
    1. Downloading Updates
    2. Can't seem to download updates for metro apps, can't download files from Windows Update to install .NET Framework 2.0/3.5, says i can't connect to the internet.
    3. No Solution

1. Chrome Scrollbar goes black
    2. If you are in desktop view and you change theme to a class one and back, the chrome sidebar becomes black.
    3. Re-open chrome.

1. Map Network Drives
    2. If i have shortcuts to my mapped network drives in Metro, the icons don't update show is if they are available or not.

1. Map Network Drives 2
    2. On Windows 7 i could map a network drive which is on a domain but can no longer do that in Windows 8.

Also the group policy which makes Windows goes straight to desktop doesn't work but most of the group policies seem out of date anyway...

13. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I have W8 x64 installed. Just relocated my desktop and when I booted it did not recognize my keyboard and mouse which are USB. Had to find the original USB port for each in order for W8 to work. Looks like hardware discovery doesn't work or recognize that something changed.

14. BucSox79

BucSox79 MDL Junior Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Not sure what its called but suddenly, the showing of other opened applications by moving your mouse to the top left isnt working correctly. Sometimes it wont show anything, sometimes it will only show Metro Apps even though I have a browser open on the Desktop.
    Was working fine earlier.

15. BucSox79

BucSox79 MDL Junior Member

Jun 22, 2008
    The first day I didnt seem to have problems with my WLAN. The second day I did. It was connect and seem ok upon boot up, but momentarily the icon would get the Yellow Exclamation Point saying No Internet Connection.
    Each time, I would Troubleshoot and it would go through all that and it would come back. Internet would work for a minute or two then it would happen all over again.

I eventually re-installed the Realtek drivers manually.

16. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    The WHQL driver signing policy setting is not honored in 8250; all non-WHQL drivers are blocked without asking the user.
    This is a regression since 8102.

(And, PLEASE, don't tell me this is a feature.)

17. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    On my Dell Inspiron n5110 WCP does not install...I've tryed all methods.....the screen becames black and the instalation is freezing....that when the instalation is almost done!:confused:

18. TGNT

TGNT MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    When run Task Manager to end Malwarebytes processed, the computer was frozen.