[BUGS / ISSUES REPORT] Windows 8 Consumer Preview Build 8250

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Windows4live, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Coentje44

Coentje44 MDL Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Solution: Don't end the process.-.-'

--------------------------

I havent found any bugs yet, except for the Finance app which is not working and some App's like Xbox and the Music and Video store are not supported in my country (The Netherlands)

2. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    #42 bjf2000, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  3. adisan

adisan MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    I have sometimes the following message :
    Windows Disk Diagnostic detected a S.M.A.R.T. fault on disk SAMSUNG HD503HI ATA Device (volumes C:\;D:\;E:\). This disk might fail; back up your computer now. All data on the hard disk, including files, documents, pictures, programs, and settings might be lost if your hard disk fails. To determine if the hard disk needs to be repaired or replaced, contact the manufacturer of your computer. If you can't back up (for example, you have no CDs or other backup media), you should shut down your computer and restart when you have backup media available. In the meantime, do not save any critical files to this disk."
    Have checked hard disk, but it has no problem.

Another one:
    Not finding in "Computer" CD / DVD drive! I installed Windows from USB, to be the cause?

4. DaNiEx

DaNiEx MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2012
    1. IE metro.
    2. When i open metro IE it opens normal IE(not metro) also not sure if is related, but normal IE doesn't show anything on it(pages charge but are not showed).
    3. Possible solution according to another user is updating video card driver(not tried yet, waiting confirmation)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Clamburger

Clamburger MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2011
    It's impossible to install the Consumer Preview if Windows 8 doesn't have drivers for your network card. It results in the product key check always failing and no way to skip it that I can see.

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    #47 PaulDesmond, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Using an older Lenovo Thinkcentre with 1 gig Ram and a 3+ intel cpu. Works perfect with W7ultimate and I try some software on it just for fun. W8 CP is installed by USB drive and loaded smoothly. Had the Developer preview as well and started new with the latest 8250 one. Is different but very unusual to work with. I remeber old DOS days when trying to remeber all shortcuts over the keybourd to run things. This one, as it is, is a go back to these days and I cannot imagine that this is the way to go.
    I installed some software like MS Office 2007, Teamviewer, Winrar and found myself in a mess. Suddenly, after a few updates, restarts and settings, the whole thing reseted itself to its original status and all newly installed software was gone. Had this action twice today and now, I'm tired. Even all updates were redone like it was the virgine install.
    Sorry for my bad english but I am German and therefore used the DE version.
    Hope this was helpful

Paul

7. SaFaRi

SaFaRi MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    Guys I am new to MDL,I am now with Win 8 CP.You can check that "Redialing Options" is no more available in Modem Properties.I am still plying with it to get it back.

8. SaFaRi

SaFaRi MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    very true o_O

9. Johny-Electric

Johny-Electric MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    CUDA and OpenCL don't working - h ttp://savepic.su/1493873.png

10. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    If you shift+right-click a pinned item on the taskbar, and you choose "create shortcut", either no shortcut is created, or the shortcut is created in an unknown location.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #52 OvaryActing, Mar 2, 2012
    If you launch VLC, change output render to opengl, save settings, exit, then launch a video, the video will freeze up, and then vlc will eat up all available cpu usage and start eating ram. Also, since task manager is an app now, it does not like to open up, just hangs, preventing you from closing VLC. Extra funny thing: if you attempt to launch multiple task managers while system is hanging, once in awhile when it starts to begin responding, most task manager titles will be "task manager" but once in awhile you will get one with the title of "windows task manager". Also, when I tried to close browser window while system was lagging, the min/max/close buttons on browser became full screen huge!! literally the entire screen was a giant zoomed in blurry edged min/max/close button. It was really funny looking :)

Installing older intel graphics driver after windows update driver installer, then updating driver again via windows update, fixes the problem.

Video playback in WMP and VLC are not as smooth as win7.

12. Opus

Opus MDL Member

Jul 28, 2009
    #53 Opus, Mar 2, 2012
    Tested it on two PCs i.e., one new HP workstation and one old notebook machine, Windows Explorer halts on startup and restarts after 3 minutes. Several programs doesn't work including perfect disk 2012. Simply I would say, Windows 8 CP is crap as compared to Windows 7 beta. Although the Metro is much more smooth while comparing to WDP.

13. Arghtefact

Arghtefact MDL Novice

May 27, 2010
    When I launch Teamviewer 7 I've "Memory can't be read" errors messages and all the UI crash, I need to reboot
    I can't resolve this issue

14. nash211

nash211 MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2011
    Had a issue with Deskscapes will not work, other than that all other software worked thus far.

15. mallo

mallo MDL Junior Member

Feb 3, 2011
    those listed by many of you are not bugs but simply the applications are incompatible with kernel 6.2, the bugs are something else ... wait until developers update these programs for the new kernel ... :D

16. smartass1379

smartass1379 MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2011
    it is a lot more functional than the wdp bc of the apps but the simple fact is it is missing core features for the target market they are aiming for... but I would guess none of them know about the beta. My biggest problem is that heavy games will not launch on my netbook. For example, Pinball Fx2 will not launch and neither will Carmen San Diego. Everything else works dandy, I have a netbook with an atom CPU N750 with 2gb of ram, an intel 3150 graphics accelerator with DX11 and wddm 1.0, and a screen resolution of 1366x768 it meets all the required specs... can anyone enlighten me on what is wrong?

17. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
  18. FireRx

FireRx MDL Member

Feb 14, 2011
    the native PDF app Failed, had to reinstall Adobe Reader for PDF files.o_O